ARK: Survival Evolved for the PC received a rare Sunday update as Studio Wildcard released a new patch to celebrate the Fourth of July with a little Shark Week thrown in on the side. Patch 244.1 is now available to download and comes with fireworks launchers and sparklers, with plans to release to the Xbox One eventually too.
The Fourth of July holiday event is now live in ARK for the PC and will run through the week. Survivors will be able to add firework-launching Rocket Launchers to their collection along with sparklers that can be placed in torches. These should compliment the Flare Gun fireworks from the New Year’s event for those that still held on to those, but will require some work to obtain.
A fireworks skin for Rocket Launchers can be obtained by killing Alpha Mosasaurus. This turns every RPG fired from a Rocket Launcher into a fireworks show. It’s important to note that Alpha Mosasaurus can only be found on The Island map currently. However, one Reddit user reports skins are appearing on Spinosaurs and Plesiosaurs on The Center. This article will be updated when further confirmation comes in.
Once a Sparkler is obtained, it can be added to the inventory to a Standing Torch or Wall Torch. Simply lighting the torch will put on a colorful display. The colors of the sparklers can be changed with dyes.
Those that don’t want to go through the trouble of killing an Alpha Mosasaurus or Contaminated Leech can use the following spawn commands shared by ARK Forums DE.
Rocket Launcher Fireworks Skin
admincheat GiveItem “Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Leather/PrimalItemSkin_RocketLauncherFireworks.PrimalItemSkin_RocketLauncherFireworks'” 1 1 0
admincheat GiveItem “Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Leather/PrimalItemSkin_TorchSparkler.PrimalItemSkin_TorchSparkler'” 1 1 0
Alpha Mosasaurus will be more plentiful to find on The Island in honor of Shark Week, per the patch notes. The annual Discovery Channel event is live now and runs through July 10.
Studio Wildcard Lead Designer Jeremy Stieglitz has confirmed, via Twitter, these items will eventually make their way to the Xbox One version of ARK: Survival Evolved. An exact date has not been announced, but do not expect them in the 738 update.
The 738 update could arrive Monday, July 4, but will more likely come on Tuesday, July 5, per a separate Twitter comment from Stieglitz. That update has already passed Microsoft’s certification process so it is too late to add either the Rocket Launcher fireworks or the sparklers. The next planned Xbox One update is for the end of July with Primitive Plus, but it is not known if the Fourth of July event fireworks items will come then or perhaps an earlier update in-between.
- Holiday Event Items: Celebratory Colorizable Sparkler Skins (which can be applied onto Torches, which can now be mounted on wall-torches and standing Torches for infinite light colors!) — get ’em from Diseased Leeches — & Fireworks Launcher Skins — get ’em from Alpha Mosasaurs.
- Fix for missing resources on snow areas of The Island (after Biome Update).
- Fix for increasing memory when opening Inventory UI repeatedly.
- Approximate 10-15 percent Loading Speed Performance Improvement, and faster connection to servers.
- Lots of powerful Dev Kit functionality hooks.
- Lotta Alpha Mosasaurus’ in honor of Shark Week 2016 — hunt & kill them to get a special limited edition item.
- Fixed unharvestable snow-transition trees, they’re now harvestable
What do you think of the Fourth of July event for ARK: Survival Evolved? Sound off in the comments below.
[Image via ARK Forums DE]