Note: The following contains spoilers for both WWE Main Event and WWE Superstars, which first aired on Hulu Plus on May 12 and May 14.
As the WWE builds towards Extreme Rules 2016, Shane McMahon's "new era" of WWE Superstars can be seen all over WWE Monday Night RAW and WWE Thursday Night SmackDown. But a lot of those new faces can also be seen on WWE Main Event and WWE Superstars, programming that most of the WWE Universe misses out on. Neither show airs on network television, and the replays aren't added to the WWE Network until 18 days after they are available on Hulu Plus.On this week's WWE Superstars, the undefeated Apollo Crews faced off against Stardust, while Cesaro faced Bo Dallas of the Social Outcasts. They also aired several recaps of the events that unfolded at WWE Monday Night RAW.
Meanwhile, on Main Event, Crews and Stardust had another match, Baron Corbin went one-on-one with Zack Ryder, and Enzo Amore's tag team partner Colin "Big Cass" Cassady took on another member of the Social Outcasts, Curtis Axel.
WWE Superstars resultsThis episode was taped in Omaha, Nebraska, on May 9. Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton provided live commentary, and Greg Hamilton was the ring announcer.
- Cesaro made Bo Dallas tap after using the Sharpshooter (4:25). Dallas was only accompanied by Curtis Axel of the Social Outcasts, resulting in a two-man Bo Train during the match.
- A replay of WWE Women's Champion Charlotte vs. Paige from WWE Monday Night RAW was shown, in which Paige scored an upset victory as Ric Flair was removed from ringside by security.
- A replay of Chris Jericho, Colin Cassady, Dean Ambrose, and Stephanie McMahon is shown from WWE Monday Night RAW.
- Another vignette aired for Primo and Epico, now going by the moniker The Shining Stars.
- Apollo Crews pinned Stardust after hitting a Toss Powerbomb (7:55). The WWE Universe was heard chanting "Cod-y-Rhodes" throughout the match, getting under Stardust's skin.
- Superstars ended with a replay of the action between The [Bullet] Club (AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows) and The Family (Roman Reigns and The Usos) from WWE RAW.
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- WWE News: Who Are The 'Bullet Club' And Why Do They Matter?
- WWE Rumors: Interesting Reason Why The Undertaker Was Pulled From European Tour And His 'WrestleMania 33' Status
- WWE News — 'NXT TakeOver: Dallas' (The Live Experience & Results)
- WWE: 'Total Divas' Recap — Nikki Bella Rehabs Injury With John Cena [News]
- Is John Cena Taking A Break From WWE To Be On 'Celebrity Apprentice'? [WWE News]
WWE Main Event results
This episode was taped in Des Moines, Iowa, on May 10. Tom Phillips and Jerry "The King" Lawler provided live commentary, and Greg Hamilton was the ring announcer.
- Colin Cassady pinned Curtis Axel after hitting the East River Crossing (2:40). Heath Slater was also absent from this match (according to Jerry Lawler, the One Man Band was simply feeling under the weather). The Social Outcasts duo cut a promo against Big Cass and Enzo Amore, and Big Cass responded in kind before defeating Axel.
- Apollo Crews pinned Stardust after hitting a Toss Powerbomb (8:30). This match wasn't much different than Crews/Stardust from WWE Superstars. Crews remains undefeated on the WWE's main roster.
- A recap of the drama between The Family and The Club from Monday Night RAW is shown.
- Zack Ryder cuts a promo for his match against Baron Corbin as Renee Young interviews Ryder backstage.
- Baron Corbin pinned Zack Ryder after hitting the End of Days (9:50).
Where To Watch
WWE Extreme Rules 2016 will air live on the WWE Network on Sunday, May 22 at 8/7c. The Extrene Rules Kick-off Show begins at 7/6c.New episodes of WWE Superstars are taped every week prior to WWE Monday Night RAW. New episodes air the following Saturday on Hulu Plus and are also available to stream on-demand through the WWE Network several weeks later.
New episodes of WWE Main Event are taped every week prior to WWE Thursday Night SmackDown. New episodes air the following Thursday on Hulu Plus and are also available to stream on-demand through the WWE Network several weeks later.
[Image via WWE]