Ingrid Lyne Murder: New Details Revealed in Case of Mom Killed after Meeting Man Online

Disturbing new details have been released in the brutal murder of Ingrid Lyne, 40, the Renton, Washington mother of three girls who mysteriously vanished after heading out for a date to a Seattle Mariners baseball game on Friday night. According to Fox Q13 News, Ingrid told friends the outing was with a man she met online.

On Saturday, April 9, Ingrid’s partial remains were found in a recycling bin in Seattle’s Central District, reports Fox 5 San Diego.

According to law enforcement authorities, John Robert Charlton is suspected of dismembering Ingrid in her suburban home, placing her remains in garbage bags, and then driving to the location where they were eventually found, The Bismark Tribune reports.

This grisly information was revealed on Tuesday when a King County judge ordered Charlton, 37, be held on $2 million bail, according to The Tribune. Charlton was arrested on Monday following the discovery of Ingrid’s remains.

According to Fox 5, King County Prosecutor Jennifer Worley noted at the hearing that investigators believe Ingrid “was killed in her own home, dismembered in her bathtub, and transported in her own car to the location where her remains were dumped.”

Worley added that crime scene investigators with the Seattle Police Department discovered “bits of human flesh and blood in [the] bathtub drain [in Ingrid’s home].” Fox 5 further reports that a saw was also located at the presumed crime scene.

Fox Q13 reports that probable cause documents pertaining to the case indicate Charlton told law enforcement that he and Ingrid, a nurse at Seattle’s Swedish Medical Center, had dated for about a month. He also said he had stayed the night at her residence on prior occasions.

Charlton further told police, according to the documents, that he was so drunk on Friday night he had no recollection of how he and Ingrid got back to her house after the baseball game, or anything that may have taken place once they got to the home. In addition, Charlton stated he thought he had sex with Ingrid, and he believed she was behaving in a “weird” manner “but could not or would not provide further details.”

The probable cause documents also state, according to Fox Q13, that Charlton claimed he was not exactly sure how he left Ingrid’s house but thought she had probably driven him back to Seattle where he allegedly, “slept on the sidewalk.”

Charlton added he did not believe that Ingrid had plans with any other individual that particular evening, and asserted he spent the next couple of nights at the home of an ex-girlfriend.

While interviewing Charlton, police noticed he had “abrasions on his forehead, an injury to his lip, and to his chin… scratches to his chest area and an abrasion on his left hand,” although he denied having any injuries at all, the documents state.

According to Fox 5, Charlton’s own parents once sought a restraining order against their son, indicating he would drink “heavily and could fly into violent, abusive outbursts that left them worried for their own safety.”

The Mining Gazette reports that Charlton has a criminal history, as in 2009 he was convicted of felony theft in Montana, “negligent driving in Washington state in 1998, and a second-degree felony for aggravated robbery in Utah in 2006.”

Fox 5 indicates that Charton also has an Idaho battery charge from 2009, according to court records.

Charlton is due back in court on Thursday, April 14 in relation to Ingrid’s murder.

On Tuesday evening, a crowd of people gathered together outside Ingrid’s home at a vigil hosted by St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church and a march on behalf of the slain mother, The Seattle Times reports.

A Go Fund Me account has been created for Ingrid’s three young daughters and their family.

[Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images]

Share this article: Ingrid Lyne Murder: New Details Revealed in Case of Mom Killed after Meeting Man Online
More from Inquisitr