‘Ratchet And Clank’ Remake: Insomniac Games Releases Official Gear And Trophy List Just Ahead Of Game Release
Anticipation is building among the gaming community as we get closer and closer to Tuesday, April 12, 2016. On that day, the Ratchet and Clank remake will be available for purchase. Not only does the new game by Insomniac Games signify their foray onto the Sony PlayStation 4, but it is also an homage to when it all began 14 years ago on November 4, 2002, with the original Ratchet & Clank game.
Needless to say, fans of the series have done their studying on the remake. Apparently, the Ratchet and Clank remake is a brand new game made from the ground up and not exactly a remake of the first game. True, it utilizes the spirit of the first game, but the stages are bigger, the gameplay is smoother, and the story itself can be called a different timeline. For better or for worse (though most fans say it is for better), the Ratchet and Clank remake has now “gone gold” and fans cannot wait to play it at home.
Insomniac Games knows it is just days before the release of the Ratchet and Clank remake, which is a love letter to their devoted fans of the series over the years. They are utilizing the anticipation and hype by releasing official gear base on the game and based on the movie, which is based on the original game. Not only that, they also released the full trophy list for all the trophy hunters out there so they can prepare themselves to earn yet another Platinum Trophy to their online awards collection.
The news about the official Ratchet and Clank remake gear was first announced by IGN. Insomniac Games, PlayStation, and iam8bit teamed up to create a merchandise collection that includes a limited edition screen print ($50), vinyl soundtrack ($25), oven mitt designed from the Groovitron weapon ($20), weapons sticker pack ($10), Captain Qwark pin ($10), Clank pin ($10), Ratchet pin ($10), and Captain Qwark shirt ($24). The shirt will most likely be the most practical item that sells the most while the more expensive items, the limited edition screen, vinyl soundtrack, and oven mitt, will only be touched by the most devout Ratchet and Clank fans.
However, the gear may not tickle the fancy of certain Ratchet and Clank fans. Instead, earning trophies may be what they aim for. Insomniac Games also made sure to cater to them by releasing the full list of named trophies one can earn in the Ratchet and Clank remake. They are listed as follows, as provided by Gamespot.
- Platinum (1)
- The Hero of Heroes: Collect every trophy in Ratchet and Clank
- Gold (2)
- Super Trader: Complete every Holocard set.
- Silver (14)
- Challenging: Complete the game on Challenge Mode.
- Ultimate Explorer: Collect every Gold Bolt.
- Full Gun Rack: Acquire every weapon in the game.
- Master of War: Upgrade every weapon to maximum level.
- These Go to Eleven: Unlock every modification for every weapon.
- Mr. Fancypants: Upgrade Ratchet’s health to maximum level.
- Techhead: Acquire every gadget.
- Abby Normal: Collect every Telepathopus brain.
- Go Speed Ratchet, Go!: Win the Gold Cup on both Rilgar and Kalebo.
- Safecracker: Complete every Trespasser puzzle without using Autohack.
- Maximizing Potential: Upgrade a weapon to maximum level.
- Faster Than a Speeding Ameobold: Complete the hoverboard Gold Cup on Rilgar in under 1:35.
- Kalebo Thunder: Complete the hoverboard Gold Cup on Kalebo in under 2:05.
- Kerwan Gladiator: Complete the Fitness Course on Kerwan in under 70 seconds.
- Bronze (30)
- Death by Disco: Use the Groovitron on every type of enemy.
- Trader in Training: Complete your first Holocard set.
- Modder: Complete your first raritanium mod.
- Cha-Ching: Reach the maximum bolt multiplier in Challenge Mode.
- Trade-Up: Trade in a set of duplicate Holocards for a new one.
Take note there is one hidden Gold Trophy and 25 hidden Bronze Trophies. From what fans of the series can discern from the original game, the 25 hidden Bronze Trophies are story-related and will unlock as the game progresses, while the one hidden Gold Trophy is most-likely unlocking most powerful weapon in the game, as well as the Ratchet and Clank series, the R.Y.N.O. (Rip Ya a New One).
The original gear and merchandise collection are now available to purchase. As for the Ratchet and Clank remake, as mentioned earlier, it will release this coming Tuesday, April 12, 2016, at the love-letter budget price of $40. The movie the game is based on will hit theaters two weeks later, Tuesday, April 29, 2016. And if gamers really want to experience how the original Ratchet & Clank back in 2002 was, it can be bought or downloaded as part of the Ratchet & Clank Collection for the Sony PlayStation 3 or Sony PlayStation Vita for $40 as well.
[Image via Insomniac Studios Promotions for Ratchet & Clank Remake]