Dancing with the Stars season 22 kicked off last week with several clear frontrunners among the 12 celebrity dancers. On Monday, March 28, the celebs and their pro dance partners will return to the ballroom to show off their dance moves on Latin Night, but for one couple it will be their last spin on the dance floor.
Spoiler Alert: Find out who went home on Week 2 below
According to ABC, there will be one elimination on week 2 and 11 celebrities will move on to the third week of competition. What are this week’s dances, who will go home at the end of the two-hour show, and which couples will move one week closer to winning the Mirrorball trophy?
Here’s a look at what fans can expect on Dancing with the Stars week 2 and the latest rumors about who the eliminated contestant might be.
It’s Latin Night week on DWTS and two of the celebs who ranked at the bottom of the leaderboard last week — Doug Flutie and Geraldo Rivera — need to step up their game if they want to stick around for another week.
Geraldo admitted on Twitter that he didn’t do their best on the premiere (score: 13), but he’s hoping to make a big comeback on Monday night. Buddy TV writer John Kubicek doesn’t hold out much hope for Rivera, stating that his performance is “easily one of the all-time worst dances ever on this show.” Ouch!
— Geraldo Rivera (@GeraldoRivera) March 25, 2016
Doug Flutie didn’t get rave reviews either with judges giving him a slightly higher score than Geraldo — a 15. However, he said during the premiere that he’s used to being the underdog, so he’s not going to leave the show without giving it his all.
However, even if Geraldo and Doug both pull off a perfect score on Monday night, there’s a good chance one of them will be eliminated unless they received a massive amount of votes from their fans last week.
— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) March 22, 2016
Let’s take a look at last week’s leaderboard to see if any of the other dancers could be in jeopardy on week 2.
Coming in first on the leaderboard were Wanya Morris, Ginger Zee, and Nyle DiMarco, each with a score of 23. There were four second place winners — scoring a 21 were Paige VanZant, Marla Maples, Von Miller, and Antonio Brown.
Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kim Fields and Fuller House actress Jodie Sweetin both earned a respectable first week score of 20, putting them in third place.
Mischa Barton didn’t get high praise from Len Goodman during the Dancing with the Stars premiere last week. She got an earful from Len who told her that he was “just walking around” and not doing any “real dancing” during her Tango with her pro partner, Artem Chigvintsev.
Barton received a five from both Carrie Ann and Len, and a generous six from Bruno, giving her a total score of 16, just one point above Doug Flutie. It’s possible that Mischa could be eliminated on Monday night if she doesn’t get enough votes from fans. DWTS voting rules state that the fans’ votes are combined with the judges’ votes, so it could be a close call between Mischa, Doug, and Geraldo.
UPDATE: Geraldo Rivera was eliminated on Monday night.
According to ABC, all 12 couples will perform a “variety of Latin dances” on week 2, including the Samba, Rumba, Salsa, Argentine Tango, Paso Doble, and Cha Cha.
Here are the songs and dance styles that will be performed on DWTS week 2:
- Von Miller and Witney Carson – “Ain’t Too Cool” by LunchMoney Lewis — Cha-Cha-Cha
- Geraldo Rivera and Edyta Sliwinska – “Ran Kan Kan” by Tito Puente — Salsa
- Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas – “Danza Kuduro” by Don Omar featuring Lucenzo — Salsa
- Kim Fields and Sasha Farber – “Conga” by Gloria Estefan — Salsa
- Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy – “Sorry” by Justin Bieber — Samba
- Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe – “Bun Up the Dance” by Dillion Francis, Skrillex — Samba
- Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd – “Stole the Show” by Parson James — Rumba
- Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess – “Adorn” by Miguel — Rumba
- Marla Maples and Tony Dovolani – “Don’t” by Ed Sheeran — Argentine Tango
- Doug Flutie and Karina Smirnoff – “Buster Voodoo” by Rodrigo y Gabriela — Paso Doble
- Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold – “Echa Pa’lla” by Pitbull — Salsa
- Mischa Barton and Artem Chigvintsev – “Pata Pata” by Miriam Makeba — Cha-Cha-Cha
Who do you think will be going home on week 2? Watch ABC’s Dancing with the Stars on Monday night at 8 p.m. ET to find out.