Note: The following contains spoilers for WWE NXT, airing on March 23 (a spoiler-free preview is also available), and WWE Thursday Night SmackDown, airing on March 24.
WrestleMania 32 is less than two weeks away, and everything happening in the WWE Universe points towards Dallas and the first weekend of April. Absent from Monday Night RAW this week, Brock Lesnar makes a rare appearance on WWE Thursday Night SmackDown this week to address his upcoming match with Dean Ambrose. With Triple H and Stephanie off for the night, Roman Reigns found himself defending his Samoan heritage, and The Wyatt Family insert themselves into one of WWE’s hottest feuds.
While the main roster prepares for WrestleMania 32, the NXT Superstars are preparing for TakeOver: Dallas. Asuka is advertised for the main event, and the NXT Champion competes in non-title action.
WWE Thursday Night SmackDown spoilers
This episode was taped in Boston, Massachusetts, on March 22.
— TD Garden (@tdgarden) March 22, 2016
- Sasha Banks defeated Charlotte. After the non-title match, Becky Lynch attacked both of her WrestleMania opponents. Banks got the final blow in front of her hometown crowd in Boston when she hit the WWE Divas Champion with a backstabber.
- The New Day got on the mic to make fun of the League of Nations again.
- Sheamus defeated Kofi Kingston while the rest of the New Day and League of Nations (sans Alberto Del Rio) played their roles at ringside.
- The Dudley Boyz cut a promo in which they belittled the history of Samoan professional wrestlers, leading to a match between Roman Reigns and Bubba Ray Dudley.
- Sami Zayn and Dolph Ziggler defeated Kevin Owens and The Miz. Afterwards, the rest of the the competitors from the 7-man ladder match came to the ring. Zack Ryder hit Kevin Owens with the Rough Ryder to end the segment.
- Roman Reigns vs. Bubba Ray Dudley resulted in a double count out. As they continued to fight outside the ring, The Big Dog ended the segment by connecting with a spear.
- Once again, Goldust and R-Truth had a backstage segment as their incredibly long-and-drawn-out story arc nears completion.
- Ryback interrupted Sin Cara and Kalisto, who were discussing their respective matches at WrestleMania.
- AJ Styles defeated Tyler Breeze.
- The Wyatt Family interrupted a potential clash between Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose. After The Lunatic Fringe and The Beast Incarnate cleared the ring of the Wyatts, Lesnar hit Ambrose with a patented F-5.
— BeckyLynchNET (@BeckyLynchNET) March 18, 2016
The SmackDown spoilers above have been confirmed by Bleacher Report.
WWE NXT spoilers
This episode was taped on January 27 at Full Sail University, just outside of Orlando, Florida.
— Drew Goldfarb (@DrewGoldfarb) March 18, 2016
- Johnny Gargano defeated Elias Samson. When Samson attacked Gargano post-match, Apollo Crews made the save.
- Finn Bálor defeated Rich Swann in a non-title match.
- Alexa Bliss defeated Mary Dobson.
- Samoa Joe choked out Bull Dempsey and Danny Burch before their match started.
- Asuka defeated Emma in the main event.
— WWEStars (@wwestarsxx) March 23, 2016
These WWE NXT spoilers have been verified by Wrestling Inc.
Where To Watch
The WWE Network airs new episodes of WWE NXT on Wednesdays at 8/7c. It is available for streaming on-demand immediately. Additionally, on Thursdays, replays of WWE NXT are available to stream on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription. USA airs WWE Thursday Night SmackDown at 8/7c. While they are not made available on the WWE Network for several weeks after they air on USA, replays of WWE SmackDown are made available on-demand with a Hulu Plus subscription starting Friday.
[Image via WWE]