Adrian Peterson Hospitalized After Suffering Allergic Reaction To Seafood

Superstar Vikings running back Adrian Peterson gave his team quite the scare Monday when he had to be hospitalized briefly after suffering an allergic reaction to some seafood he ate during a team lunch.

“We had to rush him to the hospital, they diagnosed him and he is back at the dorm resting,” Minnesota coach Leslie Frazier said later in the afternoon. “He’s doing fine. He will pick back up with his rehab Tuesday. Everything is back to normal now.”

According to 1500 ESPN, Peterson, who is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list while he rehabilitates his torn ACL, began experiencing shortness of breath and swelling in his face after consuming shrimp in the jambalaya he was served inside the Gage Residence Community cafeteria at Minnesota State University.

“I don’t know if any one of you has had anyone experience that, but, yeah, it was scary,” Frazier said after the incident. “But he’s fine now. Everything’s fine.”

When asked if Peterson had any known food allergy, Frazier added:

“I’m not certain of that. I know he had mentioned that there was a time early in his life where he had an allergic reaction, maybe not quite as severe as this. So, I’m not sure if he knew when he was eating that food that it would create what it did.

“I don’t think he would have eaten it if he’d known.”

In addition to Adrian Peterson, Vikings star receiver Percy Harvin also created a bit of a stir Monday afternoon when he left the field for a short period before returning for the end of practice.

Frazier said Harvin jammed a finger but should be fine.