UFC Fighter Nate Diaz Addresses Retirement, Rematch With Conor McGregor, And Justin Bieber Beef Rumors In An Epic Way [Video]

UFC fighter Nate Diaz was in a good mood following his win against Conor McGregor last Saturday at UFC 196. Diaz talked with Extra TV at Universal Studios Hollywood to address his recent beef with pop star Justin Bieber, a rematch possibility with McGregor, and if he would retire following his massive win.

Nate was thrown into a social media war last week after Bieber was not happy that his friend Conor did not win the UFC 196 bout. Justin called Nate’s fighting style terrible and claimed that even though McGregor lost the fight, he was still the champ. When questioned about Justin by Extra TV, Diaz stated that if Justin were present right now, he would probably be punched. Apparently, the squabble between them is real; and, if Beiber is smart, he will steer clear from Nate Diaz.

Immediately following the bout, Conor stated he wanted a rematch with Diaz to avenge his loss. Nate wasn’t sure he wanted to fight him again and cited his reason that McGregor had trouble fighting in his weight class so he wasn’t sure the UFC would put them against each other again. The truth is, Nate was mostly correct.

Nate told Extra TV, according to Bloody Elbow, that he didn’t want a rematch. Nate noted that usually the UFC doesn’t like to set up rematches because they lack excitement.

As far as Nate is concerned, has proven that he has what it takes to beat Conor, so a rematch is not necessary. As for Conor, he feels like he needs a rematch with Diaz because Nate is the only fighter he’s lost to in his MMA career. It looks like a rematch may not be a possibility, though, to the dismay of Conor McGregor fans.

After Nate’s win last weekend, UFC president, Dana White joked that viewers may never see Nate Diaz after his huge payout for the fight. Of course, White was just kidding, but it sparked a rumor that the MMA fighter could want to retire. Nate Told Extra TV that he was not retiring and laughed. Diaz thought a minute and said that retiring did sound like a fun idea, so it wasn’t out of the question.

Apparently, he was joking because he has so much left to do in the sport. Retirement for Nate Diaz is not an option, not yet at least.

As for Nate Diaz’s next fight, he’s not sure when and where he will step into the octagon. Diaz reveals that Dana White hasn’t called him about UFC 200, yet. Diaz explains that he isn’t sure when he will fight again. Nate says until Dana White lets him know when to fight, he will continue to be fight ready.

Nate Diaz is not able to train until April 20 after being medically suspended due to a laceration over his eye that was obtained in UFC 196. Based on that report, it seems possible that Diaz may fight in UFC 201 or more. There has been some buzz on social media that he could step in the octagon against George s St. Pierre in the next few months. St. Pierre has expressed an interest in returning to the octagon, and many fans would love to see the match-up. Ultimately, the decision rests in Dana White’s hands, and he will have the final say.

UFC fans, would you like to see Nate Diaz fight Georges St. Pierre? Don’t forget to come back to Inquistr later for more UFC news and updates.

[Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Image]