Bethesda Softworks released a new beta update for the PC version of Fallout 4 on Monday. The 1.4 update will eventually make its way to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but allows PC gamers to play with some new Settlement items, such as a sign for “Waffles” and various paintings. Naturally, there is a host of bug fixes included, as well.
Many Fallout 4 players have turned to the burgeoning mod scene to help flesh out some of the available items available when building Settlements in the game. However, those that are not included to tinker with mods or those playing on console who are unable to will have a variety of new items added to the Workshop.
Players will be able to decorate their Settlements with items from the Super Mutant and Raider enemy encampment. Nothing says “Home, Sweet Home” like meat totems, meat bags, and meat carts from the Super Mutants clan decorating your villa. Meanwhile, Raider poles, cages, and tents can also be used.
Those preferring a more traditional look can opt for menagerie of abstract and portrait painting to decorate the homestead. Meanwhile, new signs will helpfully tab building where your visitors can find books, a salon, the police, liquor, or even a hot dog.
Fallout 4 Settlement builders lamenting the lack of doors can rejoice. The update also adds more metal and wood variants to the workshop.
Bugs in games as large as Fallout 4 with its many quests and options is always a going concern. The 1.4 update contains two dozen fixes from performance improvements to quest fixes to knocking out glitches with select perks.
The Fallout 4 1.4 update is currently only available for Steam users who have opted into beta. Those that haven’t done this yet can do so by going into the game properties from the Steam library and choosing the 1.4 beta update in the drop-down on the “Betas” tab.
If the timeline of the 1.4 update is similar to previous updates, then the official release of the patch should arrive on the PC approximately two to three weeks from today. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will then receive the patch approximately a week after that.
Support for add-ons
Additional art customization added to Workshop:
- Super Mutant clutter including meat totems, meat bags and meat cart
- Raider clutter including raider poles, cages and tents
- Abstract and portrait paintings
- Variety of new signs
- More metal and wood doors variants
- General stability and performance improvements
- During “Getting a Clue” quest, Kellogg’s desk will remain a working container
- During “Rocket’s Red Glare”, resolved issue where companions could not be dismissed after completing the quest
- Fixed an issue with “Kremvh’s Tooth” quest item not spawning properly
- Settlements under attack will now display an updated message with the results of the attack if player does not respond
- Fixed an issue with screen effects not clearing away properly after using a scope
- Fixed an issue with trying to sprint while in third person with a minigun equipped
- Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk now properly increases the area effect of explosives
- The Scrounger perk now includes additional common ammo types
- Fixed an issue where Calvin Whitaker would disappear in Vault 81
- Fixed an issue where Ninja and Sandman perks combined would apply the incorrect damage bonus
- Fixed an issue where Rank 3 of Grim Reaper’s Sprint did not fill critical meter properly
- Fixed an issue with key cards not spawning correctly in Vault 75
- Fixed an issue where enemies would stop spawning during “Airship Down”
- Being in first person while wearing power armor and quickly switching weapons will no longer cause the Pip-Boy to be stuck
- Fixed an issue with the autosave counter getting incorrectly reset
- Fixed issue that would cause the Pip-Boy menu to turn invisible while swimming
- Fixed an issue where scrapping larger quantities of a single item would inadvertently scrap a legendary item
- Fixed issue where exiting workbenches would cause third person to stop working properly
- The Scribe can now be assigned consecutive settlements properly
- Fixed issue with duplicating scraps shipments
- Fixed issue with vendors not properly exchanging caps after several consecutive transactions in a row
- Fixed issue with the quicksave and autosave message persisting through loading screens
- Fixed an issue where updating to the latest patch would cause Options settings to reset back to default (Xbox One)
- Fixed an issue with loading save with a placed object in water, not properly floating
[Image via Bethesda Softworks]