Sage Stallone Case Transferred To Robbery Homicide

According to law enforcement sources, the death of Sylvester Stallone’s son Sage Stallone is now being handled by LAPD Robbery Homicide detectives.

Despite the change in jurisdiction, authorities do not suspect foul play in Sage Stallone’s death, notes TMZ. His body was discovered Friday, and he had reportedly been dead for at least three days at the time of discovery. Though it will likely take up to four weeks for a firm cause of death to be determined, authorities say it is likely the death will be ruled as accidental or death from natural causes. A number of pill bottles were found in Stallone’s room where his body was discovered.

The LA Times reports that the coroner’s office has also removed several items from Sage’s home, though it is unclear what role they will play in the investigation. As reported, several bottles of prescription medication were removed, though it is very common for coroners to examine prescription drugs when determining cause of death. An autopsy was performed over the weekend, and the coroner’s office is awaiting results of a toxicology test before ruling on the case.

“Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man,” said Sylvester Stallone’s publicist, Michelle Bega. “His loss will be felt forever.”

“He had his whole life ahead of him,” said Sage’s lawyer George Braunstein, who also noted that his client was not depressed prior to his death, and was even planning to get married.

IQ reported earlier in the day that Sage’s father, Sylvester Stallone, released a statement regarding his son’s death. “When a parent loses a child there is no greater pain. Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son’s memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha…. This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives…. Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son’s memory and soul left in peace.”