Last night, WWE taped the episode of WWE Thursday Night SmackDown that will air on December 3. The full spoilers for SmackDown — including Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus — are listed below, followed by an updated TLC line-up, including assumed matches that have yet to be officially announced. Last night’s taping took place in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- Sheamus, Roman Reigns and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: As reported by Wrestling Inc., the show opens in the ring, with Roman Reigns accompanied by Dean Ambrose and The Usos. They call out the League of Nations (Sheamus, Rusev, King Barrett and United States Champion Alberto Del Rio) and an eight-man tag team match is scheduled for the main event. Much like this week’s WWE Raw, the potential main event had a prerequisite: The Usos and Dean Ambrose would have to defeat The New Day in a six-man tag match. If Roman’s friends lose, Reigns goes into the main event 4-on-1. Xavier Woods goes on to pin Jimmy Uso, meaning Reigns will face the League of Nations all by himself. While the No. 1 contender put up a good fight against the dangerous foursome, the match ends with a count-out victory. Post-match, as the League of Nations begin to beat down Sheamus, Dean Ambrose and the Usos make the save, leaving the faces standing tall as SmackDown ends.
- Tyler Breeze defeated Neville: During this match, Dolph Ziggler was on commentary, proving that his clean victory on Monday Night Raw wasn’t the end of his feud with Prince Pretty. Breeze gets the victory over his former NXT rival. All signs seem to point towards a Ziggler/Breeze rematch at TLC (see below).
- Becky Lynch loses to Brie Bella by disqualification: with Alicia Fox and WWE Divas Champion Charlotte at ringside, it was clear the result of this match wouldn’t be clean. Charlotte gets involved in the match after Brie knocks her off of the ring apron. This causes the Lass Kicker to lose the match.
- Devon Dudley jobs to Bray Wyatt: after the ECW Originals (The Dudley Boyz and Tommy Dreamer) came out on top at WWE Raw this week, the leader of The Wyatt Family needed retribution. Originally scheduled to feature Bubba Ray Dudley, Bray wins fairly easily when Devon falls victim to Sister Abigail. Post-match, the Wyatts leave the Originals laid out after beating them with kendo sticks and putting Dream through a table.
Given the events that will air on WWE Thursday Night SmackDown this week, here is an updated card for TLC on Sunday, December 13. Note that “confirmed” matches have been checked against WWE’s official TLC page. All matches “not confirmed” have been assumed or implied by recent WWE television events:
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship TLC Match — Sheamus (c) vs. Roman Reigns [confirmed]
- WWE Intercontinental Championship — Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dean Ambrose [confirmed]
- WWE Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Match — The New Day (c) vs. The Usos vs. The Lucha Dragons [confirmed]
- WWE United States Championship Chairs Match — Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger [not confirmed]
- WWE Divas Championship Ladder Match — Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Paige vs. Sasha Banks [not confirmed]
- Tables Tag Match — The Wyatt Family vs. ECW Originals [not confirmed]
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Tyler Breeze [not confirmed]
- Rusev vs. Ryback [not confirmed]
WWE Thursday Night SmackDown will air at 8/7c on SyFy, or SmackDowncan be streamed on-demand starting Friday with a Hulu PLUS subscription. WWE TLC will be available through traditional pay-per-view and the WWE Network.
[Image via Twitter]