The Kardashian and Jenner sisters only recently launched their wildly successful apps, but in the wake of recent news about Lamar Odom, the sisters are vowing to take a break from the apps.
The Kardashian and Jenner ladies released a joint statement to let fans know that new content would not be updated to their apps, which are subscription based.
“As a family, we’ve decided to hold off on publishing content across our apps while we continue to support and pray for Lamar. Thank you for your kindness and understanding during this difficult time.”
Lamar Odom, the estranged husband of Khloe Kardashian, was rushed to the hospital Tuesday after he was found unconscious in a Las Vegas brothel called Love Ranch, where he’d been staying for four days.
When he was discovered, Odom was said to be unconscious and foaming at the mouth with blood coming from his nose. It is believed that Odom is suffering from the fallout of a drug overdose. The 911 recording released today indicates that Odom may have used cocaine and a sexual performance enhancer called Reload.
Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, and Kylie Jenner each launched their own lifestyle apps in mid-September. At the beginnig of October, the four apps had received more than a million downloads, and Kylie Jenner led the charge with more than 600,000 downloads, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The apps are free to download but charge users $3 per month for access to exclusive content.
Though the family has vowed to go silent on their apps, the same can’t be said for social media. Since news of Lamar Odom’s condition became public, many members from the Keeping Up With the Kardashians cast have posted tributes to Lamar Odom, asking for positive thought and prayers to be sent Lamar’s way.
Momager Kris Jenner was the first to break the social media silence, sharing a photo of the former NBA player from his days with the Los Angeles Lakers to Instagram. The often media-averse Rob Kardashian followed suit, sharing a photo of himself embracing Lamar Odom.
Kourntey Kardashian and Kylie Jenner followed suit, while Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, and Kendall Jenner have posted nothing since the news about Lamar Odom broke. Though several of the family members have posted images and asked for prayers, it should be noted that all of the Keeping Up With the Kardashians stars have posted very little since the Lamar Odom situation became public.
It seems as if the Kardashian clan has different priorities right now, which makes total sense. Reports indicate that Khloe Kardashian has not left Lamar’s side, going so far as to sleep on the floor next to his hospital bed. TMZ reported that Khloe, who is not yet legally divorced from Lamar, has been making medical decisions for her estranged husband.
According to all reports, the situation seems dire for Lamar, who has allegedly been given a 50/50 chance of survival, according to TMZ. Reports indicate that Lamar may have four failing organs and that he may have suffered some strokes since entering the hospital. According to Fox News, Odom is on life support and breathing with a ventilator.
People magazine reported that the Kardashians are preparing to say goodbye to Lamar Odom, as they aren’t certain he’ll be able to recover from his injuries, a source told the magazine.
“They’re pretty sure this is goodbye, but they’re praying for a miracle. They know that God has the power to heal him, but that’s really the last hope at this point. This is really bad.”
If what the source says is true, the Kardashians and Jenners likely have something more important to deal with than updating their apps.
Find out more news about Lamar Odom in the video below:
[Photo by Andreas Rentz/Bongarts]