Episode 2 of season 6 of The Walking Dead comes complete with a strange title: “JSS.” So what exactly does JSS stand for? All we can tell from the previews for Episode 2 is that Enid seems to know what it means. Let’s have a look at some of the possibilities.
SPOILER ALERT: This article contains information and speculation about the upcoming Episode 2 of season 6 of AMC’s The Walking Dead. Please proceed with caution if you wish to avoid spoilers.
Firstly, the official synopsis for Episode 2 of The Walking Dead doesn’t give any suggestion as to why the title was chosen:
“When it appears that things are starting to normalize in the settlement, a new problem arises for the Alexandrians.”
Although, could the new problem be somehow connected to JSS? Potentially it could be since, in one of the previews for Episode 2 of The Walking Dead, we see Enid (Katelyn Nacon) writing the letters on the window of a car she appears to be trapped in. This sneak peek appeared during the Talking Dead segment after the season 6 premiere of The Walking Dead aired (you can watch the full clip here):
Oddly, this image seems to be different to the previous image shown of Enid in a car in the first Walking Dead sneak peek video for Episode 2:
So let’s take a look at some of the meanings of the acronym JSS. Both Abbreviations.com, Wikipedia and the Urban Dictionary have extensive lists (and clicking on the links will show you the full listings for JSS). However, let’s have a look at some likely possibilities.
- Joint Security Station. This acronym was one mentioned in an earlier Inquisitr article. This term was used during the Iraq war. The plan was to divide Baghdad into nine zones in order to establish Joint Security Stations where “reconstruction programs could begin in safety.” According to Wikipedia, “The U.S. military commander in Iraq, David Petraeus, went so far as to say Iraq would be ‘doomed’ if this plan failed,” which could tie in with the events of Episode 1. If this is what JSS stands for in The Walking Dead, could Enid perhaps have had a relative who was in the Iraq war? And is Alexandria perhaps a part of one of the nine zones?
- Joint Surveillance system. This acronym could tie in with one of the theories that the Wolves are the ones attacking Alexandria in the next episode of The Walking Dead. The theory revolves around the fact there could be a traitor within the walls of Alexandria. If the Wolves are keeping an eye on surrounding communities, then could Enid perhaps be a spy for the Wolves?
- Just Stand Still. This acronym could be used to explain a coping mechanism by Enid. In the teaser clip, we can see she is stressed about something. Perhaps she writes JSS to remind herself to “just stand still” until the trouble recedes?
- Just So Sad. Sound like an internet acronym to you? It sure does. It is also something Enid would have texted to her friends before the zombie apocalypse hit. Perhaps she is writing it to remind herself of the time before the world ended?
- Just Stay Safe. Could this acronym be a reminder to everyone appearing in The Walking Dead that they need to be careful in this episode?
- Jesus. This is my favorite theory. Could JSS be short for Jesus (minus the vowels)? If it is, it opens up two possibilities related to Walking Dead characters. Firstly, could it be a message for Father Gabriel (played by Seth Gilliam)? Perhaps, although the second theory makes even more sense. We already know that season 6 of The Walking Dead will introduce a comic book character called Paul Monroe. The nickname this character goes by is “Jesus.” Could Enid be somehow connected to Paul “Jesus” Monroe? After all, little is known about Enid other than she was brought into Alexandria eight months prior to Rick’s group arrival. Could she somehow be connected to Jesus and his Hilltop Colony group?
- According to a spoiler post on Episode 2 of The Walking Dead’s sixth season on The Spoiling Dead Fans, one of the words in JSS stands for “Survive” and judging by their comments, viewers will certainly know what JSS stands for by the conclusion of the episode.
Season 6 of The Walking Dead returns to AMC with Episode 2 (entitled “JSS”) on Sunday, October 18, 2015.
What do you think JSS might stand for in Episode 2 of The Walking Dead? Let us know your thoughts and theories by commenting below!
[Image credits: AMC]