Niall Horan Addresses 1D Breakup Rumors: They’re Only Taking A Much-Needed Break

Niall Horan helped ease the minds of the thousands of Directioners who feared that their beloved boyband is breaking up for good. One Direction shocked fans yet again when they announced that they’re taking a break next March to work on their own solo projects.

On Sunday, August 23 it was reported by The Sun that the remaining four singers of One Direction would take a break in 2016 and won’t tour during their fifth album release.

Of course, that little piece of news caused fans to wonder if 1D is breaking up for good. Niall Horan took to Twitter to calm the fans down by announcing that they’re only going on hiatus after working five years together. Horan addressed to his 23 million Twitter followers that they have no plans to split up.

“Ok so lots of rumors going round. We are not splitting up, but we will be taking a well earned break at some point next year. Don’t worry though, we still have lots we want to achieve! Can’t wait for you to hear all the new music for you and to perform some new songs as the tour continues. Love you all.”

Niall Horan wasn’t the only one to confirm that the British boyband isn’t splitting up. Louis Tomlinson, who’s in the middle of his baby daddy drama, also tweeted the following to help ease the minds of their obsessed fans.

“Your support is truly indescribable! It’s just a break 🙂 We’re not going anywhere!! Promise.”

Niall Horan and his three bandmates held a secret meeting in London last week, where they decided to go on hiatus and not to tour after their fifth studio album.

An inside source told The Sun that since Horan and the boys have been working non-stop for five years, they deserve to take a break.

“The guys have been together for five years, which is an incredible run for any boyband. They fully deserve to have at least a year to work on their own projects. There is absolutely no bad blood between them and they are all 100 per cent behind the decision.”

One Direction’s insider has been talking to several news outlets. The anonymous source gave a similar statement to the Hollywood Life.

“It is not over, they just need a break. They have been non stop and don’t want to breakdown. Bad Blood is nowhere, they bonded even more after Zayn left, they need some normalcy for the time being.”

The insider told E! News that Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, and Louis Tomlinson are on good terms with one another. The inside source also assured that Horan and the group will remain close as they work on their solo projects.

“They are great friends and fully support one another. They are very aware that they are able to work on their own stuff as well as remain together. This is an exciting time for them creatively and as a group. They will remain together and plan to work together in the future.”

However, Rolling Stone magazine claims that a spokesperson for the highly-successful band declined to comment.

It’s been a wild year for One Direction and their fans. In March, Zayn Malik quit the band to live like a “normal 22-year-old.” Just last month, Malik was signed onto RCA records.

Louis Tomlinson is also expecting his first child with stylist Briana Jungwirth. One Direction surprised their fans with the release of their new single “Drag Me Down.” The band also premiered the new video, which features them the first time as a foursome in spacesuits and training at NASA.

One Direction are currently touring North America during their On The Road Again Tour. Niall joined Liam, Harry, and Louis on stage in Chicago where they performed a medley of their hits and songs off their 2014 release, Four.

[Image: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images]