‘Destiny’ Hotfix Makes Husk Of The Pit Drop Again, Preps Nepal Aid Rewards
Destiny received hotfix update 126.96.36.199 on Tuesday to fix some smaller issues ahead of the bug 2.0 update for The Taken King. PlayStation and Xbox owners can now obtain the Husk of the Pit once again, find a changed rotation of PVP maps, and get ready for the Nepal Aid rewards and other upcoming changes.
The Husk of the Pit suddenly dropped stopping in Destiny around the time that House of Wolves came out. This prevented many players from being able to initiate and complete the Necrochasm upgrade quest.
Patch notes are live, Update 188.8.131.52 is being deployed on all platforms. https://t.co/xMhiwcgXiR
— Bungie (@Bungie) August 11, 2015
You may point out that the Exotic Necrochasm Auto Rifle wasn’t that hot of a weapon to begin with, and you’d be right. The amount of effort it took to obtain compared to its power was disappointing. However, the 2.0 update is buffing Auto Rifles in general and the Necrochasm in particular. That should hopefully make it a more appealing weapon.
The Nepal Aid rewards should be obtainable soon following the release of the Destiny 1.2.05 update. The shader and emblem have been added to the game now, and all that remains is the emails from Bungie containing the redemption code for those that purchased the Nepal Aid items from the Bungie Store following the devastating earthquake that struck the country.
Crucible multiplayer is receiving some tweaks, as well. Some of the maps in rotation for House of Wolves Control and Clash playlists are receiving a lower weight to lessen their chance of appearing repeatedly in the playlists. Meanwhile, the Inferno and Doubles playlists have been given different Heavy and Special Weapon ammo crate spawn rules from other playlists.
We also get our first peek at one of the Destiny Tower changes coming with The Taken King. A kiosk has been added near Eva Levante to replace Tess Everis. Tess is leaving the Tower only temporarily, though. It sounds like Bungie may have a job promotion in store for the special items merchant voiced by Claudia Black.
You can check out the full Destiny 184.108.40.206 hotfix update notes below.
- Fixed an issue where “Packing Heat” achievement/trophy could not be unlocked by newly acquired Exotic weapons
- Fixed an issue where Husk of the Pit drops were disabled
- Drop rates for the Husk of the Pit from Blades of Crota have been increased by 150%
- Updated the House of Wolves Control playlist to include the following maps with a lower weight in the rotation:
Rusted Lands, Shores of Time, Pantheon, Exodus Blue (Sony)
- Updated the House of Wolves Clash playlist to include the following maps with a lower weight in the rotation:
Firebase Delphi, Twilight Gap, Blind Watch, Exodus Blue (Sony)
- Inferno and Doubles playlists now have different tuning values for ammo crates
- Special Ammo initial spawn time and respawn intervals have been changed to 180 seconds
- Max of three Special Ammo crates will now be placed at one time
- Heavy Ammo crates now spawn only once per match at 300 seconds
- Tess Everis is temporarily leaving the Tower
- A Kiosk terminal can be found near Eva Levante in North Tower that contains Tess’ old inventory of special order items
- The Nepal Aid shader and emblem have been added to the game
- Redemption codes will soon be sent to the email used to place orders in the Bungie Store
- These items will be found at the kiosk mentioned above
- Fixed a potential crash when closing the vendor screen
- Fixed a very rare case where an account could blocked by a WEASEL error on sign on
- Fixed issues with suspend/resume handling on Xbox One
[Images via Bungie]