Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft began announcing the first of the more than 150 cars that will be included in Forza Motorsport 6 for the Xbox One. The studio and publisher chose to use the occasion to also announce that the all-electric Formula E racing series is being added, a first for a console racing title.
Formula E is the world’s first fully-electric racing series, and the entire 10-team field from the 2014/2015 season will be included in Forza Motorsport 6. The series is unique in that pit stops entail swapping out the entire car when the battery runs low, hence why teams have two drivers.
— Forza Motorsport (@ForzaMotorsport) July 1, 2015
The Formula E cars are able to accelerate from zero to 60 mph in less than three seconds, and have top speed around 140 mph. While not silent, they generate around 80 dB, which is only slightly more than your average car. For comparison, a Formula One car can hit 130 dB while racing.
Here are the ten Formula E cars that will debut in Forza 6.
- 2015 Formula E #11 ABT FE 01
- 2015 Formula E #10 Trulli Spark SRT_01E
- 2015 Formula E #99 NEXTEV TCR FE01
- 2015 Formula E #27 Andretti Formula E Spark SRT_01E
- 2015 Formula E #23 Venturi 1
- 2015 Formula E #21 Mahindra M2Electro
- 2015 Formula E #9 e.dams-Renault Spark SRT_01E
- 2015 Formula E #6 Dragon Racing Spark SRT_01E
- 2015 Formula E #2 Virgin Racing VIR 01E
Turn 10 Studios also announced another 30 cars that will be included in the game. The list runs the full gamut from high-end sports cars to classic muscle cars. They even managed to throw in the old school Volkswagen Beetle. You will have fun souping that up and trying to keep it under control.
- 2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
- 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
- 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
- 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
- 1975 Fiat X1/9
- 2015 Lexus RC F
- 1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
- 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
- 2012 Lotus Exige S
- 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG
- 1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi
- 1997 BMW M3
- 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432
- 2014 Maserati Ghibli S
- 2013 Audi RS 4 Avant
- 1949 Mercury Coupe
- 1994 Honda Prelude Si
- 1991 Honda CR-X SiR
- 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI
- 1970 AMC Rebel “The Machine”
- 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427
- 2009 MINI John Cooper Works
- 2005 TVR Sagaris
- 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
- 2003 Volkswagen Golf R32
- 1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6
- 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air
- 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500
This brings the total number of announced cars for Forza 6 to 117. The game is set to launch for the Xbox One on September 17.
[Images via Forza Motorsport]