D.C. Murders Investigation Focuses On Assistant Who Dropped Off $40k Ransom

The D.C. murder investigation is now focused on the assistant who dropped off the $40,000 ransom as the four victims were held hostage inside the mansion before they were brutally murdered.

According to the New York Daily News, Jordan Wallace, 28, was named as Savvas Savopoulos’ assistant, who allegedly dropped off the $40,000 ransom at the mansion. Wallace gave police contradicting accounts of what happened the day the family and their housekeeper were brutally killed.

Savvas Savopoulos, 46 — the president and CEO of American Iron Works — wife Amy Savopoulos, 47, their 10-year-old son, Philip Savopoulos, and their housekeeper, Veralicia Figueroa, were kidnapped and murdered and the mansion set on fire May 14. The crime shocked the affluent neighborhood, which is not far from Vice President Joe Biden’s residence.

The report indicates that Jordan Wallace, 28, worked for Savopoulos for a few months driving expensive cars — which he bragged about on Instagram — and doing odd-jobs for the CEO in Maryland. On the fateful day, he was charged with getting the ransom and delivering it to his boss’ $4.5 million dollar mansion.

According to court documents obtained by the Washington Post, Wallace gave conflicting accounts of his involvement in the gruesome D.C. murders, investigators said.

In one version, he told investigators he heard from Savopoulos on May 13 and was told to get the cash from the CEO’s accountant and put it inside a red car sitting in a garage at the mansion. He told cops he did that the morning of May 14.

However, Wallace originally told police investigating the D.C. murders that “his boss called him May 14 and that Wallace accompanied the accountant to a Maryland bank and saw the accountant withdraw the cash before putting it in the red car.”

Text message records from the cell phone carrier paint a different account altogether. Wallace texted Savopoulos around 8:30 p.m. on May 13, when the kidnapping was underway saying, “Got your message, I’ll call you once I get the package.”

At around 10 a.m. Wallace texted Savopoulos, “Package delivered.” Between then and 1:15 p.m. the victims were brutally murdered.

The Washington Post reports that the family’s cell phones were stolen after they were murdered. The D.C. murders investigation is now focusing on the records from those and calls made during their ordeal in an effort to identify additional suspects.

Daron Dylon Wint, 34, is the only person that has been arrested in the brutal D.C. murders. Investigators identified him with DNA from a slice of pizza crust left at the home, the Inquisitr previously reported. But police believe more people were involved in the horrific crime because the perpetrator knew how to disable the security system and seemed to know his way around the mansion.

[Image via Instagram/New York Daily News]

Share this article: D.C. Murders Investigation Focuses On Assistant Who Dropped Off $40k Ransom
More from Inquisitr