Julianne Hough is something of a Renaissance woman; as an actress, singer, and dancer, she’s garnered a loyal following of fans who read her blog and tune in to catch her judging the contestants on Dancing with the Stars. But despite her willingness to share things about her life, Hough can still pull out a few surprises, such as the fact that she had a small part in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
Hough told Us Weekly recently during a “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” quiz that not only did she have a part in the iconic film, she stole a souvenir from the wardrobe department.
“I remember it like it was yesterday. I’m still such a big fan. I always go and watch the midnight showing… I might get in trouble for this, but I actually stole the Gryffindor scarf that I had as a memento. I was like, ‘I have to keep this scarf!'” she told Parade Magazine in 2011.
Although Hough didn’t have a huge role in the film — if you have sharp eyes, you can catch her cheering in the Quidditch stands beside Ron and Hermione — she said she did develop a huge crush on Daniel Radcliffe and even sent him a Valentine’s gift.
“I was kind of in love, especially with Daniel Radcliffe. I wrote him a love note. It was Valentine’s Day and I got him the Valentino Beanie Baby. I never heard back,” she said.
Julianne recently took on her brother, Derek, on Lip Sync Battle, where she embarrassed him by performing “I Just Had Sex.” Derek retaliated with Sia’s “Chandelier.”
Julianne revealed several little-known facts about herself in the quiz, including the fact that she wants to be a victim on Law & Order: SVU.
1. I’m addicted to any kind of red candy.
2. I can hold my breath underwater for two minutes.
3. When I’m tired and get slaphappy, I tend to speak in my operatic singing voice.
4. Pizza, pasta, and a movie is my go-to Sunday routine.
5. I’m currently living with my brother, Derek , while my house in under construction. Help!
6. My favorite color is yellow because it’s the color of joy and sunshine.
7. I have 24 nieces and nephews. I think I’m the cool aunt.
8. I love cleaning out my closet and do it at least twice a year.
9. I love serenading my dogs. One time I belted “A Whole New World” to Harley while she sat on a pillow that to me looked like a magic carpet.
10. I got my belly button pierced when I was 13, 15, and 19, but I now have no ring in it. I recommend not doing this at any age.
11. I was a Gryffindor in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, but don’t blink or you’ll miss me!
12. When I moved to L.A., I told my dad I had $5,000 in my bank account, but I only had $2,000. Sorry, Dad!
13. My favorite Instagram account to follow is @barkbox. Dogs = my happiness.
14. My friends and family all call me Jules.
15. I’m royalty (so they say) since my second toe is longer than my big toe.
16. Sunflowers are my favorite flowers.
17. I have a birthmark under my left arm.
18. I make the best banana bread from a recipe my stepmom, Debra, calls Julianne’s Banana Bread.
19. In my family, the only speaking volume is “louder.”
20. I love Law & Order: SVU, and Mariska Hargitay is my queen. Get me on the show! #illbeadeadbody