Grandmother Who Found Metal Screw In Her Sausage And Egg McMuffin ‘Could Have Choked’

A 45-year-old grandmother from Halmer End in the UK was shocked and disgusted when she bit into a sausage and egg McMuffin at a McDonald’s branch in Newcastle-under-Lyme on Friday, only to find a metal screw inside the sandwich.

The victim of the screw-filled sandwich, Donna Savigar, was at least half way through her snack, when she crunched into something hard and cold, spitting out a screw onto the table.

As if that weren’t bad enough, when Savigar went to complain to the staff about what has happened, they barely offered her an apology and simply replaced the sandwich for another one.

As Ms. Savigar told reporters, following the incident, she easily could have choked.

“I could have ended up choking to death – imagine if it had happened to a child. A child would start choking and you wouldn’t know what to do because you certainly wouldn’t be expecting them to have swallowed a screw in the middle of McDonald’s. I don’t see why they don’t just pay up. All I was looking for was a refund.”

The upset grandmother said that even complaints to McDonald’s HQ in England were to no avail, and she still hadn’t received a refund for her meal.

As she told reporters, “They need to train staff to deal with that sort of situation. A manager needs to come over and deal with it. We weren’t offered a refund and we weren’t even told how we could go about complaining to McDonald’s about it, we had to Google that for ourselves.”

Ms. Savigdor’s daughter, Dayna Bennett also spoke to the press, expressing her outrage over the whole incident.

“We had gone in for a quick breakfast because we were going out shopping for the day. Mum was eating her McMuffin and then started making a funny face and then spat out the nail. I took a picture straight away so no one could say we had planted it there and then took the McMuffin back to the counter.”

A spokesperson for the fast food giant said the company was investigating the incident, saying, “We are sorry for Ms. Bennett’s experience when visiting our restaurant. Food safety and quality are our highest priority and both our restaurants and our suppliers place great emphasis on quality control and follow rigorous standards in order to avoid imperfections in our products.”

Share this article: Grandmother Who Found Metal Screw In Her Sausage And Egg McMuffin ‘Could Have Choked’
More from Inquisitr