That chair you are sitting on … it could kill you

In an accident that can only be described as a freak occurrence a fourteen year old boy in china was killed when the chair he was sitting in exploded. The accused chair was one of those fancy types with a gas cylinder that is used to adjust the height of the chair up and down.

In this case it seems that when the cylinder exploded it sent shards of metal into the boy’s rectum. The death was marked down as excessive bleeding from his wounds. A similar case in China as well occurred in 2007 but the 68-year old man survived the exploding chair.

You might want to give that chair you are sitting a once over to see where it was made – or at least put in for an exchange to be on the safe side.

[via Anorak News]