It’s been revealed that the beef between hip-hop moguls Suge Knight and Dr. Dre contributed to the tragic incident that resulted in the death of Terry Carter. The hit-and-run occurred during the filming of a promotional video for the NWA biopic, Straight Outta Compton. Ice Cube and Dr. Dre were shooting the commercial, while Suge Knight dropped by to smooth things over with his estranged friend, Dr. Dre. According to an anonymous source from the production staff, Knight was accosted by Cle “Bone” Sloan, who is part of the production’s security detail.
“Suge had never got out of the car. He had talked to Ice Cube’s security, and he said they could talk about it later on. Bone came and started arguing with Suge, said he should get out of there. Suge said, ‘I’m already leaving.’ They had an altercation.”
Knight left the premises, and called over his friend Terry Carter to organize another meeting with Dr. Dre. It was then that Sloan reportedly started attacking Knight, who drove away and hit both Sloan and Carter with his car. It is still under dispute whether or not it was an accident. Police claim that Knight intended to run Sloan over, but accidentally killed Carter instead. Knight and Carter are close friends. It was Carter who’s been brokering the peace between Knight and Dr. Dre, who had a falling out after Dr. Dre left Knight’s Death Row label.
“When Suge took off, Terry ends up being on the right bumper,” said the on-set source.
“I guess when Terry was coming up in the lot, the car hits him, knocks him down, and it just rolls over him.”
Knight’s attorney, James Blatt, claims that his client was unaware that he hit the men. According to Blatt, Knight was only trying to leave the scene to avoid getting attacked.
— KTLA (@KTLA) January 30, 2015
Knight turned himself in on January 30. Now he is facing four charges and could eventually end up serving a life sentence if convicted. The hip-hop mogul plead not guilty to the charges during a brief hearing in Compton. And while the judge initially set a bail hearing for Monday, the $2 million dollar bail was revoked, as it was seen that Knight could be a flight risk because of his violent past.
Update: Suge Knight taken to hospital after pleading not guilty to murder. http://t.co/hPQlTbktgY pic.twitter.com/hJ8PvaxG1G
— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) February 3, 2015
Knight is no stranger to being in trouble with the law. The music producer has previously been convicted of armed robbery and assault with a gun.
[Image via boom945]