Bravo’s Real Housewives of New Jersey is currently on hold, and according to a source, it’s all Caroline Manzo’s fault.
Speaking to Real Mr. Housewife on January 22, a source revealed Manzo’s spinoff, Manzo’d With Children, is standing in the way of Bravo’s Real Housewives of New Jersey season seven.
“Manzo’d With Children is going to be filming in March/April, and talks are that Housewives will not be filming until after Manzo’d wraps.”
Apparently, said the source, the two shows are unable to film at the same time because they use the same production company.
“They use the same production company for both shows and this would make it impossible for Housewives to film while Manzo’d was filming.”
According to the source, Bravo is currently searching for new wives in hopes of getting the show’s ratings back to where they once were.
“They are currently casting for new housewives. Bravo was not happy with the new people. It’s uncertain if they will give them another shot.”
As fans will recall, three new wives, Amber Marchese, Nicole Napolitano and Teresa Aprea, were added to the show’s cast ahead of season six. At the time, the wives served as replacements for Manzo and Jacqueline Laurita. However, after ratings on the series proved to be on the decline, Laurita was brought back to the show.
As the Inquisitr previously reported, a source told Radar Online earlier this month that Bravo’s Real Housewives of New Jersey was in jeopardy of being cancelled.
“Bravo is busy conducting focus groups to determine if there is even any interest from viewers in the New Jersey franchise,” an insider told the site. “Teresa and Joe’s legal issues brought a very dark cloud to the show.”
“This past season, Teresa was on her best behavior for obvious reasons. The dynamic among the ladies changed because of Teresa holding back, and it got boring. Having Jacqueline Laurita come back to film scenes after filming for the season had already concluded, was a big sign that the show was in big trouble ratings wise.”
“Producers have reached out to all of the ladies with the exception of Teresa, because she is now in prison. There is no interest in having Joe and their daughters on the show.”
Luckily, a short time later, an insider told Gossip Cop there was no truth behind a possible cancellation of Bravo’s Real Housewives of New Jersey.
[Photo via Twitter]