The 2014 Dancing With the Stars cast lineup was leaked online days ahead of the official DWTS reveal scheduled to take place September 4 on Good Morning America. The Christian Post published the entire list of celebrity dancers on Tuesday, but of course the list cannot be confirmed until the big reveal takes place on GMA Thursday morning. [Update: See the confirmed cast list below.]
Many of the celebrities on the leaked cast list were already rumored to be on the show that premieres Monday, September 15. However, it was not known until Tuesday who the celebrity dancers would be paired up with on the show, something DWTS fans have been anxious to find out.
This year’s pro dancers were announced via an ABC press release on August 13 and include Peta Murgatroyd, Mark Ballas, Tony Dovolani, Derek Hough, Allison Holker, Karina Smirnoff, Val Chmerkovskiy,Witney Carson, Keo Motsepe, Emma Slater and Artem Chigvintsev.
Here is the confirmed Dancing With the Stars Season 19 cast line up and their pro dance partners that was announced on GMA:
- Pretty Little Liars’ Janel Parrish with Val Chmerkoskiy
- Duck Dynasty’s Sadie Robertson with Mark Ballas
- Talk show host Tavis Smiley and Sharna Burgess
- Actor Antonio Sabato Jr. with Cheryl Burke
- YouTube star Bethany Mota with Derek Hough
- Cheech and Chong’s Tommy Chong with Peta Murgatroyd
- Professional race car driver Michael Waltrip with Emma Slater
- Actor Jonathan Bennett with Allison Holker
- MMA Champion Randy Couture with Karina Smirnoff
- Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star Alfonso Ribiero with Witney Carson
- Designer Betsey Johnson with Tony Dovolani
- Olympian Lolo Jones and Keo Motsepe
- Actress Lea Thompson with Artem Chigvintsev
The list was officially revealed on Good Morning America on Thursday, proving that most of the cast rumors seem to be a bit more credible this season than they have in the past.
There was speculation that Bachelorette Andi Dorfman would appear on DWTS this season, but Reality Steve reported on Tuesday that Josh Murray‘s fiancee would not waltzing her way across the stage. Andi’s fans may be disappointed, but it was clear that dancing wasn’t her best attribute on both Juan Pablo’s season of The Bachelor and on her own season of The Bachelorette.
For those who haven’t heard, Julianne Hough will make a comeback this season, but she will be a judge instead of a dancer. Joined by Bruno Tonioli, Len Goodman, and Carrie Ann Inaba, it will be interesting to see how fair Julianne is, considering her brother Derek is one of the pro dancers.
— Official DWTS (@DancingABC) September 1, 2014
Tune in to watch the official DWTS cast reveal Thursday morning on ABC. Who will you be rooting for this season?