Sylvester Stallone Dead? Nope, It’s Just Another Hoax

Expendables 3 actor Sylvester Stallone is the latest celebrity to fall victim to a death hoax.

According to BREATHEcast, a fake story about the 68-year-old Stallone being killed in a car accident in Australia hit the internet, and many believed the story. People took to social media to post tributes to the action star, even though he is still alive.

So Sylvester Stallone is um apparently dead.. Please no. Someone please let me know if it’s true or not..

—.marli. (@ForeveraSiren) August 21, 2014

The false story about Sylvester Stallone’s death reportedly came from a website called Global Associated News, which uses a template to create false death rumors of celebrities. At the end of each article is a description of the site, which says: “FAKE… THIS STORY IS 100% FAKE!”

Along with Sylvester Stallone, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cam Newton, and Adam Sandler are just a few other celebrities who have fallen victim to this website’s malicious reporting.

This is also not the first time that Stallone has been “killed” by this website. Earlier this month, another report says that the Rocky and Rambo actor died in a snowboarding accident in Switzerland. After reporting that Stallone was “air lifted” to a nearby hospital, the report then went on to become an advertisement for the Zermatt Ski Resort, where it said the actor was staying.

However, Sylvester Stallone is very much alive, and he’s preparing to revisit one of his most popular characters. According to a report from Vulture, Stallone said he is “getting ready” for Rambo V, which is being described as a “melancholy end to the franchise.”

“I’m starting to work out,” he said. “I’m going to be appropriately viscious and all that stuff, but intellectual. A killer with a heart.”

With films such as the Expendables and Rambo franchises, Stallone is usually seen playing a big tough guy on the big screen. But he was asked about the “least macho” thing he does.

“I paint; I write; and I like playing with Pomeranians,” he said. “That’s pretty bad.”

In a related report from The Inquisitr, Sylvester Stallone is one of many actors who have signed a letter calling for the ceasing of Hamas’ “ideology of hatred and genocide.” Others include Minnie Driver, Seth Rogen, and Stallone’s Expendables co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger.

[Image via cyberwarzone.com]