Harrison Ford Will Resume Filming ‘Star Wars Episode VII’ ‘Pretty Soon’

As previously reported by The Inquisitr, actor Harrison Ford is off crutches, following his mishap on the Star Wars Episode VII set last month. On Thursday, the 72-year-old, who will reprise his role of Han Solo on the franchise’s latest installment, said he will resume filming “pretty soon.”

The website TMZ caught up with Harrison Ford, as he slowly walked to a nearby Starbucks in Santa Monica. The original cast member was spotted walking very slowly, as he limped. A reporter asked him how his ankle is doing and if he will go back to work on Star Wars Episode VII soon, to which he replied, “pretty soon.”

Harrison Ford broke his ankle, while on set for the J.J. Abrams film when one of the hydraulic doors in Han Solo’s spacecraft, the Millennium Falcon, fell on his leg. Paramedics came to the famed Pinewood Studios, where the movie is being shot and attended the actor, who was taken to a London hospital and later underwent surgery for his injured ankle.

After brushing off the incident, Disney and Lucasfilm announced that production of Star Wars Episode VII would have to be delayed for a few weeks in August, to allow Harrison Ford to recover from surgery. This meant that Abrams had to rearrange his schedule and work on scenes that did not require Ford’s presence or those in which they could use body doubles.

Harrison Ford as Han Solo

In recent weeks, Ford was seen wearing a specially made contraption, in place of the standard crutches, which allowed him to bend his knee and place it on the piece. However, it seemed to be a bit awkward to do certain things, like climb up a set of stairs to board a plane. However, Harrison Ford had been spotted without the special crutch, walking (limping) on his own.

Co-star Mark Hamill, who is also an original cast member and reprises his role as Luke Skywalker, from the first Star Wars trilogy, stated that Harrison Ford is on the way to being fully recovered, while attending the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere.

Hamill, who was sporting a “contractually required” bushy beard, said that the injury will not prevent the feisty Harrison Ford from doing his job in Star Wars Episode VII:

“I was not on set. It was really terrible, but I hear he’s doing really well. It will take more than that to stop Harrison Ford.”

Harrison Ford will rejoin the much anticipated Star Wars Episode VII, and original cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher (Leia), Anthony Daniels (C3PO), Kenny Baker (R2 D2), and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) at Pinewood Studios in London.

[Image via Featureflash / Shutterstock.com]