Justin Bieber Meet Coldly Denied By Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto

Justin Bieber has been dissed on Twitter by the office of Mexico’s President Enrique Pena Nieto.

The teen singer’s incident-prone Latin America Believe tour leg hit a fresh snag on Monday after a tweet posted by Bieber’s official Twitter account saying he had met with Nieto and his family was swiftly denied by the government.

The 19-year-old, who has resumed his Believe tour after a short break, performed at the capital’s Foro Sol stadium on Monday (Nov. 18) to 60,000 reportedly enraptured Beliebers.

Before the show either Bieber, or someone using his account, tweeted,

“Just met some amazing mexican beliebers and the presidente of mexico and his familia. now it is showtime. 60,000 tonight. night 1. te amo.”

As it turns out, Agence France-Presse reports the President was meeting with his cabinet at his official residence of Los Pinos at the time in question.

Within minutes of Bieber’s tweet, the official Twitter account of President Nieto’s posted a withering denial to over 845,000 followers.

The tweet read:

Justin, or someone tweeting from his account, later deleted the original tweet from the teen star’s feed and posted another with corrected information.

The tweet was posted from Bieber’s account on Tuesday, Nov. 19. It read:

The wintry dismissal from Mexico’s highest official caps a tide of Latin America discontent following Bieber’s most recent performances and behavior in various countries.

In Bogota, Columbia there was initial anger from citizens after the singer sprayed graffiti on a wall. The issue was that ordinary people are banned from applying graffiti. Since Bieber’s visit, that ban is now reportedly under review.

Following claims made by a prostitute in Panama alleging that she had sex with Justin and that his entourage had sex with other exotic ‘workers,’ footage of a fight in a Dominican Republic nightclub involving Bieber’s security team later surfaced.


Further drama was to come in Brazil and Argentina.

The “Baby” star was charged with “vandalism” by Rio police officials after he sprayed graffiti along a disused hotel wall. The singer was spotted coming out of a brothel in the same city on Nov.1. It was later reported that he was evicted from his hotel after trying to enter with two prostitutes.

Bieber cut one concert short in Sao Paulo after he was hit by a water bottle. He also popped up in online footage that showed him sleeping in a Brazil villa. The video was filmed without his consent by a Brazilian model named Tati Neves (reportedly a former porn actress) who claims she had sex with the singer.

The Canadian has also been hit with two criminal complaints from Argentina.

One Argentine lawyer has accused the pop star of “defiling” national symbols after sweeping two Argentine flags off stage with his feet and a microphone stand at the first of two concerts at River Plate stadium on Nov. 9.

Bieber subsequently apologized for the incident and said he thought the items — which had been thrown onto the stage — were shirts.


Another lawyer has accused Bieber of telling his bodyguards to attack a photographer as he left a Buenos Aires nightclub. In relation to this matter, the singer’s concert gear has been impounded in Argentina after the photographer filed a lawsuit against him.

On Nov. 10, the singer was forced to stop his second Buenos Aires show after claiming he was too sick. Notably, Bieber sent social media messages revealing he had food poisoning before arriving at the stadium. He was unable to attend a traditional “Meet and Greet” prior to the show which some fans paid hundreds of dollars for. Refunds for this and the concert are now demanded.

At the time, manager Scooter Braun said Bieber came down with food poisoning after his concert on Saturday, and that despite eight hours of intravenous fluids, attempted to perform against doctors’ advice.

Earlier today (Nov. 19), an embattled Bieber tweeted: