Justin Bieber will not face prosecution in two criminal cases where he was accused of alleged battery and alleged reckless driving, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office has decided.
As previously reported, the 19-year-old had been accused by a neighbor in his Calabasas, Calif., gated community of allegedly spitting at and using threatening language against the complainant when he was confronted over alleged speeding in the community on March 26.
At the time, sources close to Bieber’s security team reportedly denied any spitting took place but confirmed that an argument occurred.
Conflicting witness accounts emerged in the days following.
According to the Associated Press, Deputy District Attorney Alan Yochelson said while the singer’s response to the neighbor’s complaints seemed “disproportionate and immature,” the evidence did not show beyond reasonable doubt that they were “necessarily criminal.”
In addition, despite initial reports of the singer spitting in the neighbor’s face, deputies have since said the neighbor alleged Bieber threatened him and spat in his direction when he confronted the 19-year-old.
In a separate case, Justin was accused by ex-NFL player Keyshawn Johnson of reckless driving in his neighborhood on May 27.
Yochleson said the office wouldn’t be charging the singer, “citing insufficient evidence that he was without a doubt the one behind the wheel,” although the said vehicle was identified as Justin’s [white] Ferrari.
Security video footage obtained from a camera on Bieber’s property revealed the teen star wasn’t driving the vehicle at the time, but rode his motorcycle behind the car.
In addition, security cameras in the area showed the singer’s Ferrari leaving the driveway of his home with him riding a motorcycle behind the car — “and then both vehicles returned five minutes later, with Bieber still on the motorcycle, Yochelson wrote,” E! confirms.
The rapper Tyler, The Creator, declared in a Twitter post on June 1 that he was behind the wheel of the Ferrari at the time in question.
@fucktyler all good buddy. i deal with this everyday. thanks though. the baby aint mine either.
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) June 3, 2013
Both cases have been rejected for prosecution and are now officially closed.
As IQ previously noted during the swarm reporting over Bieber’s involvement in an alleged hit and run investigation which eventually resulted in the singer being cleared of all wrongdoing, when the facts of the Canadian’s cases have been held up to legal scrutiny, outcomes have been markedly different to tabloid conclusions.