Posted in: Odd News

Housekeeper Eats Pot Brownie And Ends Up In Hospital

Housekeeper Eats Pot Brownie And Ends Up In Hospital

A Chicago housekeeper unknowingly ate a pot brownie that was left on her employer’s kitchen counter and ended up in the hospital.

After she tested positive for marijuana at the hospital, the police started an investigation. They went back to the Orland Park home she cleaned and asked the 23-year-old man, whose parents owned the house, and asked him what was in the brownie.

He eventually admitted to making the pot brownies with his 22-year-old friend the night before and left them on the counter. The 22-year-old even led the cops to a trash can where they threw away the rest of the batch.

In the trash, they found three Tupperware containers of brownies that “smelled very strong of marijuana.”

The two men were arrested and charged with violating a local reckless conduct ordinance. However, the housekeeper does not plan to press charges.

The Chicago housekeeper is not the only person who has gotten sick from eating pot brownies. In 2011, several students at Evanston Township High School in Chicago became ill after eating pot brownies that a fellow classmate brought to school.

“It appears the students knew what they were eating,” school administrators said. “Eating drug-laced foods can result in illness and overdoses.”

School administrators also urged parents to talk to their kids about the dangers of using drugs.

Jade Carter, a student at Evanston Township High School, said that she heard about the pot brownie incident and was surprised that people got sick. However, she said that more than half of the students in school use marijuana.

The student who brought the pot brownies to school was charged with possession of cannabis.

What do you think of the housekeeper who accidentally ate a pot brownie at her employer’s house? Do you think the young men who made the brownies deserve to be punished?

[Image via Shuttershock]

Articles And Offers From The Web

Comments