lip gloss

Woman Superglues Mouth Shut Due To Lip Gloss Error

A woman in New Zealand accidentally superglued her mouth shut this week while she was trying to apply some moisturizer to her lips.

According to Stuff Magazine, the 64-year-old woman was lying in bed when she reached for some ointment. Instead of grabbing her regular medication, she accidentally grabbed a tube of superglue. The woman didn’t realize her mistake until it was too late.

The woman said: “I have all my ointments in a tray in the cupboard, so I get out of bed and I dived into the tray and I couldn’t smell it because I was blocked up. And then I got into bed and thought, ‘what have I put on my mouth?’.”

She called an ambulance for help, but the dispatcher had a hard time understanding what was happening. The dispatcher then alerted police because they believed that the woman may have been kidnapped.

Senior Sergeant Steve Aitken said. “Ambulance received a call, but due to the muffled speech… they were unsure whether it was a medical event or whether someone had been gagged. Basically, she could only grunt.”

The woman slowly explained the situation to the dispatcher with a series of grunts and taps.

The woman said: “I couldn’t speak on the phone so I couldn’t tell them where I lived, I couldn’t tell them my phone number. The communication was ‘Do you live in Dunedin?’ and I grunted ‘mmm’, and then the lady went through all the suburbs and then all the streets, she was very, very patient.”

An ambulance eventually arrived on the scene to take her to a nearby hospital for treatment. The woman was unglued and released.

Aitken said: “She got up in the middle of the night, in the dark, and grabbed what she thought was the tube of medication. It was an extremely frightening event for her because her breathing was impeded.”

Comments