Posted in: Movies

Nia Long Confirms ‘The Best Man’ Sequel

Nia Long confirms the Best Man sequel

Nia Long has confirmed the upcoming sequel to the 1999 film The Best Man.

The 32-year-old actress told The Urban Daily, “Well, I’m getting ready to play Jordan Armstrong again. I start shooting the sequel to The Best Man soon. The working title is The Best Man Christmas, it might change though.”

Long added, “We start that in April, so I’m excited to relive Jordan. She’s very feisty, very organized, and knows what she wants. She’s all about business. But I think you’re going to see her find her heart in the sequel. That’s her big challenge.”

Long also joked that she wasn’t sure if she improvised one of her most famous lines from the film, “I don’t wanna hear about no g*******d peas,” or if it was written by the director, Malcolm Lee.

“The greatest thing about being an actor is once you know the character you really get your wings and can fly,” Long said. “That’s when you really start having fun and find those little moments and make the character pop off the page by adding little things you know the character would do. You get to deliver amazing lines that are written for you, but you also get the freedom to add your twist to it.”

As previously reported by The Inquisitr, the entire cast of the original The Best Man will be returning for the sequel, which was originally scheduled to be released November 15, 2013. However, with Long’s confirmation about the working title, the movie will most likely be released on or around Christmas. The sequel will find the friends from the original reuniting over the holidays, only to find that old romances and rivalries die hard.

Are you excited for The Best Man sequel?

[Photo credit: s_bukley / Shutterstock.com]

Articles And Offers From The Web

Comments