Chevrolet unveiled a new muscle car today at the Daytona International Speedway.
The General Motors brand plans to unveil the Chevy SS on Saturday at the Daytona International Speedway. It’s Chevy’s first rear-drive high-performance sedan in 17 years.
According to the Huffington Post, the new Chevrolet Muscle Car is based off the Pontiac G8. The SS stands for “Super Sport” which Chevrolet has used several times in the past. The last time the company unveiled a rear-drive high-performance sedan was the Impala SS in 1996.
The Australian made car made its debut today at Daytona but the car isn’t expected to hit the market for a few more months. Chevy hasn’t announced a price yet but Motortrend believes that the car will sell for about $38,000.
Here are some details on the car from GM.
- Seats five
- Leather seats, nine-speaker system, push button start.
- Parallel parking sensors, lane departure warnings, blind spot detectors, back up cameras.
- LED running lights.
- 19 inch forged aluminum wheels.
- Same 6.2 liter V-8 engine used in the 2013 Corvette. 414 horsepower.
- 0 to 60 in under five seconds.
Here’s a video of the new car.
What do you think of the new muscle car?