Tatler Magazine’s office dog Alan was killed in a revolving door accident at the Vogue House in London.
According to News.Au, Allan got stuck in a revolving door at the Vogue House, the headquarters of magazine publisher Conde Nast, on Monday.
The Independent reports that Alan was out walking with a Tatler Magazine staff member when he saw a man walking into the building through the revolving door. Alan sprinted for the entrance and got his neck stuck in the door.
Firefighters rushed to the scene to save the dog. Unfortunately, the magazine’s dog did not survive.
The London Fire Brigade said that it “worked to rescue Alan but he died at the scene.” One of the men involved in the accident was treated for shock.
Alan, a long-haired miniature dachshund, was well known in the industry and even had his own Twitter account where he has more than 2500 followers.
Jennifer George, an assistant at the magazine and Alan’s owner, wrote on Twitter:
“Yesterday my tiny much loved man Alan passed away in a tragic accident. Thank you to all that were there to help, all the kind wishes and. all who followed @TatlerAlen. He was so awesome & so very loved.”
George also posted one final photo of the magazine’s office dog.
George writes: “This is the last photo I took – handsome as ever. X”