Next week, Medal of Honor Warfighter‘s multiplayer will be bolstered with a new selection of maps through a new map pack called “The Hunt,” which is part of a cross-promotion between publisher EA and the movie Zero Dark Thirty.
The map pack is set to release on December 17 for PC, followed by a December 18 release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Medal of Honor‘s The Hunt map pack will be available for free for those who picked up a Limited Edition copy, as well as those who pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe. Otherwise, you’ll have to fork over 800 Microsoft Points ($9.99).
The DLC will net you two additional maps for multiplayer, Darra Gun Market and Chitra Compound, along with a number of new weapon camos and attachments.
Here’s more info on the maps included in the Medal of Honor Warfighter “The Hunt” DLC, as reported by CVG:
“The Darra Gun Market map contains a scenic river crossing with high intensity combat over the ravine, the gunsmith pit which is right along the docks, and the abandoned estate that provides an overwatch for the entire middle section of the map. Players of each class will find areas that support their play style – there are great sniper positions, as well as several sneaky routes located around each of the objectives.
“Chitral Compound is based loosely on the area you scoured for the Cleric in single player. It features a small town center checkpoint with roof to roof combat, a large dried up river valley which provides many great sniping opportunities, and the strongly fortified compound which contains several locations perfect for bipod play in Homerun Mode.”
To go along with the DLC’s release, developer Danger Close will be deploying a new patch for all versions of Medal of Honor. The patch adds in a few new features, and fixes a few bugs. More detail on that, as posted on the Medal of Honor website, can be found below.
- VoIP improvements
- Front-end visual improvements in MP
- Increased bullet damage in Real Ops
- In-game Party improvements
- Shortened post-match timer and updated post-match progression display
- Several fixes for Eyefinity setups (PC)
- Added server leaderboards post-match
- Added Fireteam leaderboards in Battlelog
- Added Quick Select for classes/weapons
- Added server password protection support (PC)
- Added ability to modify FOV through in-game options (PC)
- Added ability to modify ADS mouse speed option (PC)
- 10 additional multiplayer ranks: Atlas Commander Bronze 1/2/3, Atlas Commander Silver 1/2/3, Atlas Commander Gold 1/2/3, and Atlas Supreme Commander – Improved stability for SP and MP
- Numerous fixes addressing known bugs and exploits
- Additional content and changes in preparation for the Zero Dark Thirty or The Hunt Map Pack