Amber Portwood may be on the receiving end of a letter of cease and desist from her Teen Mom OG co-star, Farrah Abraham, but she isn’t ready to stop talking about her quite yet.
Following news of Farrah Abraham’s legal document, Amber Portwood is speaking out, revealing that the letter is a bit unnecessary considering she has no interest in discussing her longtime nemesis.
According to a report by E! News on June 8, Abraham’s letter requested that Portwood stop interacting with Abraham due to “false and defamatory statements” she’s allegedly made to the media. The document also mentioned that Portwood had reportedly physically harassed Abraham during last year’s taping of the Teen Mom OG Season 6A reunion special and at the 2017 MTV Movie and TV Awards in Los Angeles.
As fans may recall, Amber Portwood reportedly took a swing at Farrah Abraham during the Teen Mom OG Season 6A reunion special after Abraham agreed with her on-again, off-again boyfriend, Simon Saran, who had previously claimed Portwood’s fiancé Matt Baier looked like a “pedophile.”
Although Farrah Abraham’s letter has reportedly been forwarded to the reality star, Amber Portwood claims she hasn’t yet read the document.
“Not only am I unaware of any cease and desist being sent, it’s also rather unnecessary,” Amber Portwood explained to E! News. “I have no interest in discussing [Farrah Abraham] or having any dialogue with her or her legal team. I’d strongly prefer she keep my name out of her mouth altogether.”
Amber Portwood and Farrah Abraham were most recently reunited in New York City last weekend, where the two women and their co-stars, Maci Bookout and Catelynn Lowell, filmed the reunion special for Teen Mom OG Season 6B with longtime host Dr. Drew Pinsky. During the show, E! News reported, Portwood and Abraham’s feud was a hot topic and at one point, Portwood, Bookout, and Lowell, confirmed that they had yet to make amends with Abraham.
Around the same time, news of Amber Portwood’s potential sex tape hit the web after the longtime reality star confirmed she had met with Vivid Entertainment about an offer they gave her to make a film starring herself and Matt Baier.
Shortly after the news broke, Farrah Abraham took to Twitter and accused her co-stars of trying to copy her. As fans will recall, Farrah Abraham starred in 2013’s Farrah Superstar: Backdoor Teen Mom alongside porn star James Deen.
“The difference here is that [production company] Vivid approached [Amber Portwood]. [Farrah Abraham] had to make her tape and sell it to Vivid,” Baier told E! News last month. “It bums me out that Farrah would say negative things and come at us like that… When she made her tape, MTV kicked her off the show. Amber and I were the only ones to support her and to this day we stand by that. Our issues with Farrah have nothing to do with her tape.”
While Amber Portwood confirmed she and Matt Baier had met with Vivid Entertainment weeks ago, she has yet to confirm plans to follow through with their offer. That said, she has also not officially turned the offer down.
As for her relationship with Matt Baier, that appears to remain strained as the couple has seemingly split due to a recent dispute over a book signing.
For more of Amber Portwood, Farrah Abraham, and their co-stars, Catelynn Lowell and Maci Bookout, tune into new episodes of Teen Mom OG Season 6B on Monday nights at 9 p.m. on MTV.
[Featured Image by MTV]