In celebration of National Croissant Day on Jan. 30, Starbucks and other retailers are offering customers a variety of pastries and delicious deals.
Paneterie French Bakery
Paneterie, a popular bakery in Palm Beach, is celebrating National Croissant Day with a selection of classic pastries. Paneterie will offer each customer a complimentary croissant with the purchase of any croissant on Monday, Jan. 30. Flavors for this promotion include, Classic, Chocolate, Almond, Chocolate Almond, and Raspberry.
Enjoy a variety of croissants at Tippin’s on Monday.
7-Eleven is offering $1 croissants all-day Monday.
— 7-Eleven Canada (@7ElevenCanada) January 28, 2017
The Tattered Apron
The Tattered Apron is serving up twice-baked croissants in celebration of National Croissant Day. Flavors include Twice-Baked Chocolate Croissants, Twice-Baked Almond Croissants, Twice-Baked Ham, Cheese Croissants, and Twice-Baked Butter Croissants.
La Madeline is giving away free, fresh baked butter croissants to any guest who mentions this special offer.
Dunkin’ Donuts is holding a #DDCroissantDay sweepstakes. Participants must have a non-private Twitter account and become a follower of @DDSWFla.
— Dunkin' Donuts SW FL (@DDSWFla) January 29, 2017
In celebration of National Croissant Day, Starbucks will be featuring four croissants including a Ham and Cheese Croissant, Chocolate Hazelnut Croissant, Butter Croissant, a Chocolate croissant, and an Almond Croissant.
The Ham and Cheese Croissant – a new favorite among Starbucks and croissant fans alike – features Prosciutto Cotto Italian-style ham and melted Swiss cheese enveloped in Starbucks signature croissant.
Lunch!- Starbucks croissant with ham and cheese & coffee:) pic.twitter.com/QnmoYZF6
— Vans (@paperweightaker) August 15, 2012
Starbucks Chocolate Hazelnut Croissant is a new, buttery and flaky croissant filled with decadent chocolate hazelnut paste, topped with chopped hazelnuts.
— #Mahesh23 ???????? (@Keshav4005) January 14, 2017
Like the name suggests, the Butter Croissant, is a classic croissant made with 100 percent butter to create a golden, crunchy top and several soft, flaky layers inside.
— k s (@kellyseverseike) September 1, 2015
Starbucks Chocolate Croissant is made of butter croissant dough wrapped around two chocolate batons to create the perfect balance between savory and sweet.
— mark harrington (@MarkRHarrington) July 20, 2016
Finally, Starbucks Almond Croissant, is a rich, almond flan enveloped in a croissant topped with sliced almonds.
— SAFARI COLLECTIVE (@TheSafariCo_) March 11, 2016
An Easy Recipe
Can’t make it to a bakery in time for National Croissant Day? Here’s a simple recipe from food.com.
- One package of yeast
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- Two egg yolks
- One cup of lukewarm milk
- One tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 1/3 cups of flour
- One cup of real butter
- One egg white (beaten until frothy)
- Proof the yeast in warm water; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, stir in warm milk, sugar, salt, yeast, and two-thirds cup of flour.
- Beat until smooth; set aside.
- Cut butter into remaining flour; pour in yeast mixture.
- Mix lightly with a spatula until flour is moistened.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours or up to three days.
- Turn out onto a floured board; knead lightly.
- Divide into thirds; roll each piece into circles around 16 inches in diameter.
- Cut into 12 pie-shaped wedges.
- Roll wedges starting at the wide end.
- Place point-side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover with towel and let rise at room temperature until doubled.
- Brush each with beaten egg white.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or re-heat in the oven (not the microwave).
This recipe serves 36, small servings.
[Featured Image By YuliaKotina/Shutterstock]