“You must be this tall … TO DIE!”
That’s the awesome slogan for new Left 4 Dead 2 campaign “Dark Carnival.” Having already wowed us with reveals of “Swamp Fever” and “The Parish,” Valve showed off this new stage at the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, exposing us to new weapons and enemies.
It looks hot, not to mention full of potential giggles. Eurogamer got its foot in Valve’s office door for a brief preview, and revealed you can:
– Whack the undead with an electric guitar.
– Fight off zombies dressed as clowns (who can in turn call other infected to the fight).
– Whack the undead with an electric guitar!!
– Earn an Achievement for honking a clown zombie’s nose.
– WHACK THE UNDEAD WITH AN ELECTRIC GUITAR!!1!ONE!
The new Special Infected enemy is simply known as “the Jockey.” He’s a tiny zombie who can hop on a survivor’s back and steer them towards dangerous areas. This, observes Eurogamer, means “the Jockey can ride them further and further away from the main group, potentially costing the team even more vital time, health and ammo.” In a nice touch, some of the parlor games you’ll find at the overrun carnival actually work, and the finale takes place on a merry-go-round.
So yeah, it’s official: anybody still boycotting this game is a madman. Soak up some carnival atmosphere in the screens below, and hurry up November 20th!