More questions appear as the baffling nonsense surrounding Donald Trump and his presidential campaign appears to continue with comments about a former Miss Universe contestant, Alicia Machado, her appearance in a sex tape, and Trump's own appearance in a 'Playboy' video,

Donald Trump Campaign: Baffling Nonsense Continues

The seemingly baffling nonsense emanating from the Donald Trump campaign for president of the United States continued this week, unabated, with the Republican candidate sticking by comments made during the first presidential debate with Democratic nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that former Miss Universe Alicia Machado’s weight gain was a “big problem,” as well as later suggesting that she appeared in a “sex tape.”

“There’s been a lot of talk about sex tapes today and in a strange turn of events only one adult film has emerged today and its star is Donald Trump,” Clinton campaign representative Nick Merrill was quoted by Reuters.

Reports indicate that Donald Trump appeared in a 2000 soft-core porn video produced or licensed by Playboy. The GOP candidate was described as remaining fully clothed and breaking a bottle of champagne over a limousine as “playmates” watch.

The Donald Trump campaign for president rolls on, despite its many irregularities.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton speaks in Florida. [Image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images]

The Huffington Post has described reports that Donald Trump “pressured” Marla Maples, his second wife, to appear in the magazine, and reports that he had “bragged” about watching the Paris Hilton tapes with his current wife Melania Trump and contrasted these episodes with his recent behavior.

On top of that, new allegations have emerged with regard to the legitimacy of the Trump Foundation, as reported by the Toronto Star. The foundation is being investigated by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman over the fact that it may not have ever gained proper registration, thereby circumventing the type of rigorous annual audits that most charities that solicit more than $25,000 in donations each year undergo, perhaps allowing for what has been perceived as questionable dealings by the organization.

Then there are the newly surfaced reports that Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts spent $68,000 exploring business opportunities in communist Cuba, in 1998, a time when it would have been considered a serious crime unless specific exemptions were met, which the Trump organization was reported by Newsweek to not possess.

Seeming baffling nonsense surrounding the Donald Trump campaign for president continues.
Donald Trump supporters in Novi, Michigan. [Image by Spencer Platt/Getty Images]

Cash for a trip to Cuba taken by executives was said to have been funneled through a company called Seven Arrows Investment and Development Corporation and then linked to an unrelated charitable cause, Carinas Cuba. Perhaps baffling some observers, this is not the first time this week that a Trump-related charity, one connected to a leading presidential candidate, is coming under scrutiny for previously unknown facts.

Continuing with questionable Trump charity news, the Inquisitr reported on the “so-called” “Eric Trump Foundation,” named after the presidential candidate’s son, which once spent $880,000 at “Trump-owned golf resorts.”

“Would you want the president of the United States to be up at four a.m. encouraging people to go look for a sex tape?” CNN’s Anderson Cooper recently asked Donald Trump surrogate Jeffrey Lord, with regard to the candidate’s recent Twitter activity.

Lord laughed at Cooper’s questions as the CNN host and Republican strategist Ana Navarro looked on, seemingly dumbfounded, and said that he wanted to make a “serious point,” perhaps intimating that Cooper somehow was not.

Cooper stated a belief that it was a serious point and re-asked his question.

Lord spoke about the “unconventional” reach of the Donald Trump campaign, without answering Cooper.

Turning to Navarro, Anderson Cooper asked, “Ana, is this presidential behavior?”

“Hell, no,” the Nicaraguan-born resident of Miami stated flatly and unequivocally. “This does not take rocket science. Let me rescue my friend Jeffrey.”

Navarro stated that Lord was a “good, decent human being,” before changing her tone and continuing.

“It is time that surrogates for Trump stop the insanity,” Navarro stormed. “Let this man know that it is unjustifiable. It is inexplicable. It is illogical. It is irrational. It is immature. It is un-presidential. It is unseemly. It is disgusting, and it is gross, for somebody who is five weeks away from election day; for president of the United States, leader of the free world, to be tweeting at four in the morning about a sex tape!”

By the end of the pop-debate between the two Republicans, the Trump campaign surrogate conceded to Cooper and Navarro that Trump’s behavior was not presidential by “old standards.”

Current national four-way poll averages reported by Real Clear Politics show Hillary Clinton narrowly leading Donald Trump by 43.8 percent to 40.9 percent.

Odds publisher FiveThirtyEight‘s most recent prediction gives Hillary Clinton a 67.3 percent chance of winning the November 8 election, and Donald Trump a 32.7 percent chance.

[Featured Image by Spencer Platt/Getty Images]

Comments