Alec Baldwin Describes ‘Destructive War’ His Alleged Stalker Waged Against Him During Court Hearing
Alec Baldwin appeared in a Manhattan courtroom yesterday describing the “massive destructive war” his alleged stalker, Genevieve Sabourin waged on him before her April arrest for aggravated harassment and stalking. Alex Baldwin claims Genevieve Sabourin, a 40-year-old Canadian actress stalked and harassed him because he would not return her affections, The New York Daily News reports. Sabourin allegedly told the “30 Rock” star she would be waiting for him outside of his office and home.
Baldwin recently wed Hilaria Thomas, a yoga instructor. Genevieve Sabourin’s emails to Alec Baldwin were read in the record during the New York court hearing. According to a Baldwin affidavit the alleged stalker sent him 10 emails during a single March day .
“She said that I could call the FBI and have her put in jail, or I could call her and speak to her. She told me if I did not have an conversation with her it would mean ‘war’ and that she was ‘ready for it’ and asked if I wanted to have this happen in a non-control[led] place and time at any given moment like a bad surprise,” Baldwin stated in the stalking case affidavit.
One of the emails allegedly sent from Genevieve Sabourin to Alex Baldwin was titled, “Defcon 1.” According to Baldwin’s affidavit, his alleged stalker also stated she would find him “no matter what it cost.”
Alec Baldwin met Genevieve Sabourin on the set of “The Adventures of Pluto Nash” in 2002. Baldwin had a cameo appearance in the film and Sabourin was a member of the crew. Court records indicate Baldwin and Sabourin “shared a dinner” but the “30 Rock” star maintains he only offered the Canadian actress advice as a “favor to a friend,” The New York Daily News notes.
Sabourin was arrested outside of Baldwin’s Manhattan apartment not long after he and Hilaria Thomas became engaged in April. The alleged stalker had reportedly flown to Baldwin’s home in the Hamptons from Montreal and then followed him to a Lincoln Center event earlier in the evening. Genevieve Sabourin denies the stalking and harassment claims and notes the charges by Alec Baldwin have damaged her career.
“Who’s going to hire anyone who’s in court with a big star, a Hollywood star? No one’s going to take that chance. I haven’t had a single audition. I wish I could go on with my life on every level,” Genevieve Sabourin told the media after the Alec Baldwin stalking hearing yesterday. The pair will be back in court on September 19.