Well, gamers and fans of World Of Warcraft; the wait is almost over. If you were among the well informed gamers who read our series, The Hottest MMORPGS To Play This Summer, you may have wondered why we included Mists of Pandaria as a summertime game. Did we know something or were we just guessing, because today, Blizzard announced that Mists Of Pandaria will begin at the very end of summer, on September 25, 2012.
The fourth World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria, will take players to an unknown continent full of lush, exotic vistas. Gamers will explore the mysterious land of Pandaria and encounter the new, playable Pandaren race. You will unlock a new class, the Monk and increase your level cap to 90. You will battle powerful foes and explore unknown dungeons loaded with high powered gear.
The notoriously closed mouth developers at Blizzard did have this to say about the exotic Pandaren Monks: “Pandaren masters have chosen to share their ancient martial arts with young fighters in both the Alliance and Horde. Harnessing their inner strength and potent “chi” energy, Monks are extremely capable in every role: damage, defense, and healing.
Monks are masters of bare-handed combat, choosing to draw their weapons only for devastating finishing moves. Monk healers bring harmony and balance to every group, healing even the most grievous of injuries with ancient remedies and focused spiritual arts. And few can hope to out-last the unquenchable prowess of the Monk Brewmaster, whose empowering beverages and unpredictable combat style allow them to absorb incredible amounts of punishment.”
We will let you form you own opinions about whether or not we had any inside information on the release date and get to what you really want to know; the details of the various Mists Of Pandaria editions. The game will be available in three versions; the Standard Edition for $39.99, the Digital Deluxe Edition for $59.99 and a special, Retail Collectors Edition for $79.99. The game will be playable on PC and MAC.
The Digital Deluxe Edition will include the following bonus items:
* World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
* World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
* StarCraft 2 Battle.net Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
* Diablo 3 Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest playable race, the pandaren.
The Special Retail Collectors Edition will include a DVD of the expansion plus the following bonus items:
* Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
* Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
* The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
* Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
* In-game content from the Digital Deluxe version.
Players who purchase the standard edition digitally or at retail will have the option to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe version at any time (for as long as the standalone Digital Deluxe version remains available) for an additional $20 USD.
So there you have it, more gaming goodness from the folks at Blizzard; hot on the heels of the long awaited release of Diablo 3, Mists of Pandaria promises to bring new excitement to World Of Warcraft. November 23 will mark the 8th year for WOW and the Mists of Pandaria expansion should re-energize the 10 million plus players of the World Of Warcraft, the standard setting game by which all other MMOS are judged.
And of course, there will be pandas. Cute, round, martial arts using pandas everywhere.