5 Seconds Of Summer: Michael Clifford Sets Hair And Face On Fire During London Show [Video]

Being in a boy band can be dangerous in and upon itself, with the onslaught of crazed fans, fallout from a bad decision, and the potential hazards of performing on stage. However, an on-stage incident at a 5 Seconds of Summer show became much more dangerous that expected when Michale Clifford found himself too close to some pyrotechnics on the stage. Captured on video, the incident was recorded as flames spread up his face and in his hair, resulting in horrific screams from his fans as everyone gasped in hope that he would be okay. The show was held in Wembley Arena on Saturday night.

Clifford, the 19-year-old guitar player for 5 Seconds of Summer, was playing with the band and dancing when he found himself too close to the pyrotechnic flames. From the audience point of view, the flames seemed to consume the beloved band member, resulting in devastating cries and fear that he might not make it through the injury. However, from Clifford’s point of view, the painful burn was not very serious at all, according to Metro. Clifford took some time to reach out to his fans after the incident to reassure them that he was okay, via Instagram.

“What the [expletive removed] up. sorry I couldnt finish the encore, but at least I look like two face. Thanks for worrying every 1 x”

The show was abruptly ended after the incident, and Clifford was rushed off the stage to tend to his injuries. Ashton Irwin was quick to address the crowd and apologize for stopping the show, according to People Magazine.

“Michael has hurt himself so we will not be continuing the show right now.”

Footage of the incident has been erupting online, some making the fire seem more dangerous than others. Many fans took to twitter with the hashtag #GETWELLSOONMICHAEL and sent get well wishes, hoping he is going to be okay and not permanently scarred from the flames.

Michael was ready to perform at the following day’s show, a little more cautious around the pyrotechnics on stage. However, although he reassured everyone he was alright, he did have one request for each of his fans.

“If I obviously don’t want to have my picture taken right now please don’t take my picture 🙂 see everyone tomorrow!!”

Michael isn’t the first pop star to find himself burnt by pyrotechnics on stage. Most famously, Michael Jackson was harmed while filming a Pepsi commercial during the height of his career.

[Photo Courtesy Michael Clifford/Instagram]

Comments