teens charged in rape of Manhattan woman

3 Teens Charged In Rape Of 33-Year-Old Woman — You Won’t Believe How Police Identified Them

Three teens were charged in the rape of a 33-year-old woman in Manhattan, and you won’t believe how police was able to identify these perpetrators.

Police claim the three teens — all 16-year-old Brooklyn residents — raped and robbed the woman after they met her in the early morning hours at a Chinatown internet cafe. After taking her purse and phone, they returned to her apartment building and were spotted in the surveillance camera as they walked inside and headed to her apartment.

There, they were not allowed inside by someone who was within at the time. New York City police were able to identify Eric Pek, Emanuel Burrows, and Sanat Asliev, all of whom will be charged as adults in the attack, authorities said.

The victim was out with friends earlier in the night and was taken to a nearby park and raped by the three teens. The young men stole her keys, her identification, her purse, and her phone, police sources said. In a case of pure stupidity, the trio headed to their victim’s apartment, which gave authorities the break they needed to identify them.

In the surveillance video one of the three teens charged is seen using the 33-year-old rape victim’s key to gain access to the building. In the meantime, the other two boys put their hoods on and head up the staircase.

According to a source, the three teens were prevented from entering the inside of the apartment by someone who stood in their way. It is unclear whether this person was the one who called the police about the rape. Afterwards, the surveillance footage from the security camera shows the three teens charging the door and running outside.

Authorities say Pek and Burrows were charged with rape, robbery, assault, burglary, and grand larceny. Asliev was charged with attempted rape, assault, and attempted burglary, police said. The victim was taken to the hospital and was in stable condition following the gang rape.

All three teens charged were awaiting arraignment on Tuesday. The family and owners of the internet cafe where the perpetrators and their victim met have not been reached either.

[Image via New York Daily News]