Sons of Anarchy Secrets Revealed
The Sons of Anarchy’s creator Kurt Sutter dropped by the panel for the FX show at PaleyFest to divulge on some secrets for season 5 on Anarchy, and the possibility an upcoming prequel.
The much anticipated season 5 of Sons of Anarchy will start filming in May, and the cast couldn’t have looked happier about that at 29th Annual William S. Paley Television Festival earlier this week. Sutter’s wife, Katey Sagal, Theo Rossi, Tommy Flanagan, Dayton Callie, David Labrava and Michael Ornstein were all in attendence to discuss the future of Anarchy and juicy details.
The five revelations revealed about the season are as followed:
1. Jax is the leader: Sutter told the audience that season 5 will focus on Jax (Charlie Hunam) coming into power and being the head honcho, “For me, the interesting dynamic to play out this season is seeing Jax at the head of that table and the struggle that he has of being king,” Sutter said. “How do you, can you be the leader of an organized crime syndicate and not become Clay? And if you choose not to become Clay, are you doomed to the fate of John Teller?”
2. A month has passed: Sutter told the audience that as far as time lapses go it will be a smaller time jump that previous seasons.
3. Sutter has dark plans for Otto: “I am the only one who will employ me. I’ve asked everyone else in town and no one will,” said Stutter, who also added that acting is his first passion told the audience that his plans are to have Otto meet his doom in a gas chamber, and that his role will be minimized in season 5.
4. A prequel: No one knows if it’ll come into fruition or not, but Stutter did mention wanting to do a prequel to the series which will focus on the origins in the 60s. If this goes forward it will be “a very different show”. Sutter said, “I’m sort of committed to it.”
5. Steven Tyler could have been on the show: The show’s porn producer, Dondo, played by David Hasselhoff was originally written for the one and only Steven Tyler, but Tyler wound up having to tour with long time band Aerosmith.
So now that you know the scoop, are you excited about the upcoming season? Are you looking forward to the prequel series or should Kurt Sutter just stick to Anarchy? Weigh in here!