Celine Dion scared

Celine Dion Scared: Husband’s Cancer Battle Has Dion ‘Scared Of Losing Him’

Celine Dion is scared that her husband, René Angélil, isn’t going to make it. According to People Magazine, the singer recently opened up about her husband’s cancer diagnosis (this is his third), and just how difficult this has been on her and her family. After deciding to take a hiatus from her Las Vegas residency, Dion has remained dedicated to caring for her ailing husband, who doesn’t seem to have a great prognosis.

“I am scared of losing him, because it’s bad. But I have to show myself, my husband and my kids that I’m strong and we’re okay,” Dion said.

Celine Dion is scared at this point because she has really seen a decline in René’s health over the past several months. He is unable to speak following “extensive” throat surgery, has lost much of his hearing due to radiation, and is currently eating through a feeding tube. According to Jobs & Hire, Dion feeds her husband periodically throughout the day.

“He can’t use his mouth, he can’t eat, so I feed him. He’s got a feeding tube. I have to feed him three times a day,” she said.

While all of this is going on at home, Dion has been deciding what to do about her residency at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas — and she has made the decision to return to the stage. It’s something that she wants to do, but it is also something that her husband wants her to do too.

“He wants me to sing again, and I want to do this with him. René will be in the audience. I promise there will be high, happy notes, but it’s going to be very emotional for me,” she explained.

As previously reported by the Inquisitr, Dion has been taking care of René, and the couple’s three children, René-Charles, 14, and her twins Nelson, and Eddy, 4.

No one can blame Celine Dion for being scared about losing her husband. The two have been together through thick and thin, and have been the best of friends through all of Dion’s adult life. It hasn’t been easy, but Dion says that they are taking things day by day, and that they are choosing to live life while they are able.

Celine will be doing 40 shows at The Colosseum starting on Aug. 27 with dated through Jan. of 2016. In the video below, Dion says that her husband is doing “really good,” and she seems really excited to get back to performing.

[Photo by Andreas Rentz/Getty Images]

Comments