Former Alaskan Governor and former Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin recently started her own “channel” on the internet called — appropriately enough — the Sarah Palin Channel. The internet TV channel is “member supported,” and really more of a website including videos, blogs, and “pretty low production values,” according to Salon.
Sarah Palin is on a constant quest to stay relevant, and the Sarah Palin Channel is the latest effort in that mission. Here’s ten fun facts about the former governor’s project.
1. The welcome page on the Sarah Palin Channel gives you the lowdown on what you’re in for:
“Welcome to the Sarah Palin Channel! Join us as we discuss the great issues of the day and work towards solutions. Together, let’s live life vibrantly, purposefully, and boldly!
2. To live life “vibrantly, purposefully, and boldly,” you’re going to have to shell out $99.95 per year to subscribe.
3. The Days Left In The Obama Administration Countdown Clock: Sarah Palin’s clock on the front page of the Sarah Palin Channel lets Obama haters count down the days, hours, minutes, and even seconds until the end of the President’s second term.
4. The Our National Debt ticker: Just to the left of the Days Left in the Obama Administration clock on the channel’s main page, there’s a National Debt ticker that creeps up just as fast at the Obama click ticks down. The ticker consistently adds 33 thousand dollars every second without deviation. It’s good to see that our debt is so consistent — it makes the math easier.
5. The Word of the Day: The word of the day when we looked was “bucolic,” which means “to relate to the pleasant aspects of the countryside and country life.”
There’s not a listed reason behind the appearance of The Word of the Day. I assume it’s in an effort for Sarah and her viewers to expand their word power, which is a noble undertaking.
6. The Quote of the Day: In the center of the main page is a quote. The quote on Sarah Palin’s Channel on the day we checked the site was from Rush Limbaugh. It read, “What’s the difference between a liberal and a conservative? A liberal will interpret the constitution and a conservative will quote it.”
We’re not sure if all the quotes Sarah Palin’s Channel will actually be jokes, but you can be sure they’ll have a conservative bent.
7. The Image of the Day: The image of the day on the Sarah Palin Channel was actually a meme featuring a picture of former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney with the words: “At no time was the Obama Administration aware of what the Obama Administration was doing.”
8. The Bristol Palin Blog: Everyone’s favorite former Vice Presidential Candidate’s daughter has her own blog and you can access it through the Sarah Palin Channel (Judging by the numerous anti-abortion posts, the topic seems front and center for Bristol).
9. Sarah Palin Hasn’t Ruled Out Running For President: In response to the questions Sarah Palin is always being asked on Facebook, Sarah posts a video on the Sarah Palin Channel where she looks into the camera and answers those questions. When asked if she’ll run for president, Palin answers that she think there’s a deep bench of “common sense conservatives” that will step up to the microphone prior to 2016. Of course, she adds, she never rules anything out. She hasn’t closed any doors.
10. The Sarah Palin Channel Is All About You: “The Channel is About You!” is written right on the front page, right above the Join Now button that takes you to the check out where you can subscribe for $99.95.
[Image via Us For Palin]