Cottage Cheese In A Bowl

Israel’s Cottage Cheese Boycott Cuts Consumption Dramatically [Survey]

Earlier in the month we reported that a boycott was started in Israel over the rising costs of cottage cheese, a staple food in the country and the boycott is reportedly a success.

According to a new survey 58% of previous cottage cheese eaters stopped consuming the product or reduced their consumption while the remaining 42% say they did not change their eating habits.

The survey also found that 37% of respondents believe the government is to blame for the rise in overall dairy prices, while 30% said the countries three main dairy producers were to blame and 15% of the survey takers blamed large retailers.

The boycott began after a group of “Globe” articles surfaced that shed light on the rising cost of dairy products in the area.

The survey involved 500 participants and claims a sampling error of 4.5%.

Comments