Ariana Grande Confirms Star-Studded Line Up For Benefit Concert, Plus How To Get Tickets
Ariana Grande will be returning to Manchester this Saturday, June 4, after a devastating terrorist attack occurred at her concert killing 22 and injuring as many as 119 people. ISIS took full responsibility for the attack, which was aimed at killing as many children and young people as possible. But Grande has stated that she won’t let hate conquer love, and is now performing a benefit concert for the people of Manchester.
The star-studded benefit line-up will include Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Niall Horan, Katy Perry, British band Take That, Usher, and Pharrell Williams. It is rumored that Selena Gomez and Lady Gaga have been contacted to perform, but nothing has been confirmed thus far.
All benefits for the show will go to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund, which is a partnership between the Manchester City Council and British Red Cross. Those who are unable to attend the concert in person will still be able to see it, as it is planned to be streamed worldwide online and broadcast on television.
Tickets will go on sale Thursday, June 1, at 10:00 a.m. British Standard Time. They can be purchased here. Thus far, there is no price announced for the concert, but no matter how much it costs, it will likely sell out incredibly quickly. Those who attended the May 22 concert will be able to register to attend the concert for free, if they so choose. It will take place at the Emirates Old Trafford Arena, so as not to disturb and traumatize those who were injured in the Manchester Arena.
Ariana Grande faced heavy criticism originally for her decision to return home immediately after the attack. Although the young singer was on a world tour for her Dangerous Woman album, she decided to return home to Boca Raton, Florida the morning after the blast. British commentator, Piers Morgan, blasted her stating that if people had paid good money to see him, he would, no doubt, have stayed to visit them in the hospital.
The Queen, however, did her royal duty by visiting some of the 119 injured who were still hospitalized and discussing the concert. One girl heartbreakingly revealed that the concert had been a birthday present from her parents.
Piers Morgan has since retracted his statement after Ariana Grande has confirmed she will be returning to Manchester to perform. The star has not said whether or not she will be visiting the victims who remain in the hospital, but it is likely she will make a trip there.
For now, her Dangerous Woman tour is on hold, but she does plan to continue the tour once she feels up to it.
The star tweeted that she felt “broken” by the events and sources close to Ariana Grande say that the singer blamed herself for the attacks. As a result, the hashtag #ItsNotYourFaultAriana trended on Twitter to remind her that she had nothing to do with any plot that ISIS dreamed up.
Ariana Grande’s mother, Joan, recently opened up about the attack on social media. Joan was in attendance at the concert when the blast occurred, and was said to have ushered young fans backstage to safety after the attack.
She wrote a heartfelt letter to the victims of the attack via her Twitter account.
“This past week I have spent in reflective thought, prayer & deep sorrow. I join my daughter in extending my help & services to all those affected by the diabolical act of terror which occurred in Manchester!” she wrote.
She continued with the following:
“My heart goes out to all the victims: those who lost their lives, those injured, those recovering & all survivors of that night, along with the families & friends whose grief knows no bound. I stand with you all in the face of evil & we stand together to never let it rule our lives! Thank you to all those who helped in any way that night in Manchester. I continually thank those who are & were in service protecting our freedoms every day all over the world! #MemorialDay.”
— Joan Grande (@joangrande) May 29, 2017
[Featured Image by Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images]