Harry Styles ‘The X Factor’ Return Coming? Simon Cowell Keen To Work With ‘Sign Of The Times’ Singer [Report]
Harry Styles’ The X Factor return may be coming as reports claim that Simon Cowell is roping in the “Sign of the Times” singer into the mix to ensure the show’s success.
The reality TV judge and entrepreneur behind The X Factor seems to be setting aside his differences with the former One Direction member as reports emerge claiming that he is keen on bringing in the 23-year-old singer as a mentor in the show’s Judges’ Houses this year.
According to the Daily Star, Harry has become Simon’s top choice for the role now that the former boyband member’s solo debut single and album hit the top charts. The outlet, which cited unnamed sources, revealed that Cowell and his colleagues behind the show all agree that Harry’s addition to the team will be beneficial for the show’s upcoming new season.
“Everyone is in agreement that Harry would be a ratings winner. His chart positions clearly show he is set to become the biggest solo star from One Direction,” the insider said.
Aside from that, the insider explained to the outlet how Harry Styles’ The X Factor return is bound by his talent as much as his ability to charm fans.
“Not only does he seem to be a clear fans’ favorite he’s also being hailed by music critics as well.”
// HARRY STYLES // BEHIND THE ALBUM // NOW ON @APPLEMUSIC // https://t.co/2ZxiW73DKm pic.twitter.com/ss5zieY9Xd
— Harry Styles. (@Harry_Styles) May 18, 2017
However, The Daily Star’s source clarified that nothing is final yet and that it would depend on whether Styles’ schedule would allow the gig.
“Nothing has been signed yet but Cowell and Co want to make it happen if schedules allow.”
While Harry Styles’ The X Factor return may be good news for fans of the show and the 23-year-old singer, the emergence of the report comes as a shocker considering that Cowell previously dissed One Direction for signing with new labels after he made them the most popular boy band in the U.K.
Based on a 2016 report from the Daily Mail, Simon admitted that he was disappointed at how things turned out between him and One Direction.
“I hear so many things now, which they’re doing, which I’m not involved with. It’s a bit like I’m getting the hint you don’t want me to come to the party,” the 57-year-old talent mogul said, adding what the outlet described as a passive-aggressive dig to the artists.
“Sorry for making you famous.”
Before they went on a hiatus which later disbanded the group, the boy band was with Simon’s Syco records.
Based on the Daily Mail’s report, only Louis Tomlinson remained to work with Simon while Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, and Niall Horan signed with RCA Records, Capitol Records, and Universal, respectively.
According to The Daily Star’s report on Harry Styles’ The X Factor return, Simon is willing to let bygones be bygones since he is an entrepreneur.
“Simon was hurt the others signed to rival labels but at the end of the day he’s a businessman and knows it would be good to have them appear.”
On top of that, it was revealed that all five members of the boy band might be reuniting for a performance on The X Factor stage during the live shows.
“Louis was the only one to perform on X Factor last year but all the boys could potentially sing this year,” the source added.
Of course, all these are still unofficial as of the writing of this article. In fact, a spokesperson for the show said this about Harry Styles’ The X Factor return.
“It is far too early to be speculating over live shows or Judges’ Houses when we haven’t even begun the judges’ auditions as yet.”
With that said, it is best to take the information with a grain of salt and just hope for the best.
Do you think it’s possible for Simon Cowell and Harry styles to work together again? Share with us your thoughts below and stay tuned for more updates on Harry Styles’ The X Factor return.
[Featured Image by Ian Gavan/Getty Images for Sony Pictures]