Talk Like a Pirate Day 2009 gets its own World of Warcraft party
Don’t think you’ll have to pull away from your monitor and Cheetos to celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Blizzard has announced that World of Warcraft will have its very own celebration of the special day, which takes place tomorrow.
There will be numerous virtual activities taking place to celebrate the non-holiday, including:
* A large crowd of pirate revelers (“Dread Crew”) who dance, talk, eat, drink, laugh, and shoot fireworks. Ask Baron Revilgaz what he thinks of the visitors.
* The Tauren First Mate Hapana and his giant South Seas assault parrot, Nyuni.
* A trio of cannons and cannoneers who periodically fire out into the bay – at times, just barely missing the sails of the incoming transport. Those crazy corsairs.
* Cap’n Slappy and Ol’ Chumbucket, two curiously-named pirates.
* Lively pirate-themed music that plays upon the rooftop.
Very nice. All you have to do to get involved is chat to one of the pirate commoners who’ll be hanging round the bigger cities in Azeroth. They’ll loan you a pirate outfit, and then you can head to Stranglethorn to join in the frolicking and festivities. Once there, you can talk to Captain DeMeza to be transformed into a pirate of your race for the rest of the day.
“Yarr, it sure to be a fine time had by all!” (As I am contractually obliged to say).
[Via World of Warcraft]