Annie Verret: Five Things To Know About Jordan Spieth’s High School Sweetheart
Annie Verret has been pro-golfer Jordan Spieth’s girlfriend since the two were high school sweethearts.
But, who is Annie Verret and why has she held the attention of the rich, mature and good-looking golfer these many years?
Here are a few facts that you should know about the 22-year-old love of the current leader of the Masters 2016 tournament being held at Augusta National Golf Club, in Georgia.
1. Annie Verret and Jordan Spieth, 22, were high school sweethearts and met while she was attending the all-girls school of Ursuline Academy in Texas, while Jordan went to the all-boys Jesuit College Preparatory School.
Jordan Spieth, Girlfriend Annie Verret: Golf’s Next Power Couple? (Photos)
— Best Sports (@BestTLSports) December 24, 2015
2. Although the couple was separated during college, their relationship remained as strong as ever. While Spieth attended the University of Texas, where he led the golf team in securing three events his freshman year, Verret studied management at Texas Tech’s Rawls College of Business.
— Jim (@myoffice449) April 8, 2016
While attending Texas Tech, Annie Verret was active as a Rawls College of Business ambassador, according to her LinkedIn account. She was also active as the vice president of finance, a new member educator, and collegiate-alumnae relations chairperson for the Delta Delta Delta sorority.
3. Annie Verret maintained a 4.0 GPA while attending Texas Tech and appeared on both the dean’s list and President’s Honor Roll.
— Ron Sagun (@jodiballesteros) July 28, 2015
4. Annie has made her own mark working as an event coordinator at The First Tee of Greater Dallas, which helps underprivileged kids find a passion for the game of golf. According to her LinkedIn account, Annie provides The First Tee with new relationships while leveraging established partnerships, sponsorships and grants. She also works to develop financial, participation and community engagement goals for each event.
Jordan Spieth Relationship Update: Golfer Too Young & Rich To Settle Down With Annie Verret [VIDEO] : OTHER :… pic.twitter.com/OREFoQ8fgY
— timeoutpk (@timeoutpk) September 28, 2015
As part of her duties at The First Tee, she works with event committees, staff and volunteers to implement comprehensive event plans to maximize net event revenue, event participation and community engagement and enlists board and volunteers to participate in implementing various fundraising and communications projects.
— The Moose (@TheMoosenomics) September 15, 2015
She has also worked as a human resources intern for the American Heart Association and volunteered for Up ’til Dawn, which benefits St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
5. Annie prefers to remain out of the spotlight. While Jordan is publicly active on social media, Annie keeps her Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts private.
Both Annie and Jordan are known for their maturity and keep their romance under wraps. When she does manage to break away from her duties at The First Tee and attend his tournaments, she tends to remain mostly undetected in the gallery with his family.
— The Golf Gateway (@TheGolfGateway) April 14, 2015
As previously reported by the Inquisitr, some media outlets, including Sports World News, argue that Spieth is young, rich, could possibly land anyone, and maybe should enjoy the spoils of his wealth and celebrity status. On the other hand, Verret has been with Spieth through every aspect of his career, and he knows her well enough to know that her motives are truly with the boy she met in high school.
— UPI.com (@UPI) April 13, 2015
As Jordan Spieth prepares to defend his title during the final round of Masters 2016, fans of the adorable couple can rest assured that Annie will be rooting for her guy throughout the day. She will wait for him at the 18th hole much like she did last year when the PGA champion won the coveted green jacket and received a sweet kiss from his girl, Annie Verret.
[Photo by David Cannon/Getty Images]