Charlie Sheen Center Of LAPD Criminal Case, Actor Allegedly Threatened To Kill Former Fiancee
The Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed that they’ve opened a criminal investigation on Charlie Sheen after he allegedly threatened his former fiancée.
According to reports, the former Two and a Half Men star’s criminal investigation was launched on March 31 by the Los Angeles Police Department Van Nuys Division. After that, the case was turned over to the Los Angeles Police Department Threat Management team. Not many details are available, as the investigation is still ongoing.
Officer Matthew Ludwig, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department media affairs office, said that the identity of the accuser could not be released as the case is confidential. However, David Ring, one of the lawyers for Scottine Ross, who was once engaged to Charlie Sheen, confirmed that the investigation was linked to his client.
— E! Online (@eonline) April 7, 2016
David Ring continued to reveal that Scottine Ross was sent a death threat from the actor. The lawyer added that his client is so scared that she obtained an emergency protective order against the actor last week.
Another lawyer for Ross, John C. Taylor, confirmed that the investigation involves his client.
The lawyer said that Ross takes the threats very seriously, adding, “She intends to do everything she can to protect herself.”
According to reports, an audiotape involving Charlie Sheen confessing to having lied about his HIV status and threatening to kill his former fiancée was not published by RadarOnline, but the publication said that they are in possession of the 35-minute audio, which was recorded by Ross.
Charlie Sheen’s ex Brett Rossi files restraining order after he ‘threatens her’ in secret recording https://t.co/F4L15i880J
— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) April 3, 2016
After the article was published, the Los Angeles police officials served a search warrant on Tuesday at the New York headquarters of the magazine seeking the audiotape. It was then confirmed on Wednesday that the actor was the subject of a felony threat investigation.
The search warrant also said that Scottine Ross told police officials that she had unprotected sex with her former fiancé while he was infected with the human immunodeficiency virus that causes AIDS without informing her of his condition. The warrant also reportedly said that she endured “domestic violence, physical assaults, and death threats” while she was with the actor.
— Mirror Celeb (@MirrorCeleb) April 6, 2016
The former pornographic film star, who used the screen named Brett Rossi when she was still active in the industry, had previously accused the 50-year-old actor of assault, battery, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and negligence for failing to disclose that he was HIV-positive during their engagement. This lawsuit was filed back on December 3. The two called off their engagement back in 2014.
In the December 2015 lawsuit, the former fiancée of Charlie Sheen claimed that during a November 2013 visit to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the actor punched a hole in the hotel room they were staying at, grabbed the adult film actress, and then began to shake her violently while screaming obscenities.
She also said that in January 2014, the actor wanted to know things about her ex-husband. When she refused to provide it, Sheen flipped over a coffee table, punched her, and began kicking her as she lay on the floor.
Later that same month, Charlie Sheen graphically described how he wanted to murder the ex-husband of Scottine Ross as well as other people who have not been identified. She claimed that she found messages on the actor’s phone saying that he hired a hitman to kill her former husband. The lawsuit also contained other incidents in which she claimed that Sheen would go back to being sweet, lovable, and remorseful after the outbursts.
Charlie Sheen has yet to comment on the allegations.
[Photo by Peter Kramer/AP Images]